Sick, on restrictions and mad about it!

tripmom02
on 8/6/12 4:28 am - NJ
 Grrrrrr, I am on ANOTHER round of antibiotics, ANOTHER ONE! Went to the doc this morning b/c my throat is all swollen up again, and I have been fighting some crazy fatigue (I am literally ex hasted, struggling to keep my eyes open, feeling like every muscle in my body is working against me kind of fatigue). So my blood pressure was wonky this morning, and my pulse was all over the place, so doc drew about 40 gallons of blood for every test under the sun, and I am on activity restriction until it all comes back and we figure out whats wrong. 

I used to LOVE when a doctor would put me on restriction and I had an excuse to sit around, but now I HATE it and I am just so mad that this is happening. They better fix me fast, this has been going on too long now! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

full-of-hopen
on 8/6/12 4:46 am
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery....take care! Barb
tripmom02
on 8/6/12 5:57 am - NJ
 Thanks Barb, I can use them!

loverofcats
on 8/6/12 4:57 am
Sorry that you are sick. You're body is telling you, that you need some rest.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

tripmom02
on 8/6/12 5:57 am - NJ
 Yeah, but I have just never been very good at listening LOL

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/12 5:04 am
Hope you feel better so you can get back to your routine!
tripmom02
on 8/6/12 5:58 am - NJ
 Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/12 5:42 am
Awe CRAP! That totally sucks all the way around. I am not a good patient when it comes to stuff like you are going through. I can honestly sympathize with you 100% !!!!!  I'd be damned pissed if I couldn't workout.

Hope they figure it out ASAP. Have they ruled out mono or Epstein Barre viruses???? They way it's been going on it sounds a heck of a lot like mono. Whatever it is.... Good health soon!!!!
tripmom02
on 8/6/12 5:56 am - NJ
 The trouble with EBV is that it's always present in the serum tests if you are positive, so there is no way to really know if it's currently active or dormant and if that's what the problem is, and even if it is they can't do anything to treat me anyway, it just has to run its course. They are doing a CBC to see if my white count is high b/c that can be an indicator of active EBV (but it's also an indication of infection which we KNOW I have in my throat b/c my tonsils are huge and covered in white stuff). 

They are also running a full thyroid panel and all my labs for any possible vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Hopefully SOMETHING will show, I am just so sick of it! 

tripmom02
on 8/6/12 5:59 am - NJ
 Sorry, I should have said that I AM EBV postive, have been for years (had mono in high school, and have EBV flare ups every couple of years). 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 305 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views