6.5 months out

LaughingCow
on 8/14/12 9:17 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I've lost 60 lbs.  From 250 to 190.  (I'm 5'7").  I need to lose 30 more to reach 160.

I've stalled between 185 and 190, but I think that's due to several things, so I'm not panicking (yet).  Part of it is that I've started doing some resistance training, so I think I'm building muscles.  Also, I think it was just time for the weight loss to slow down.  I'm kind of glad in a sense b/c the rapid weight loss has caused some hair loss, so I'm looking forward to having that end, even if I have to suffer a stall for it to happen.  Lastly, we are doing a total kitchen renovation and so being unable to cook has made it harder to stick to the eating ideals that I espouse.

The hair loss has not been extreme, just annoying.  I have short hair, so I'm constantly pulling loose hair off my neck.  I've started to hairspray my hair into a nice stiff helmet in the mornings so that the hairs that fall out don't end up on my neck till I brush out my hair at night. 

My appetite is still smaller than thin people around me.  I am still focusing on protein and produce.  I definitely have some carbs, but I try to limit those to whole grain products.  I need to find a lower calorie cracker to eat with cheese.  I've been eating reduced fat triscuits with two slices of cheese, but I think that's still too high in calories and carbs.  I rarely have anything with sugar in it.

Overall, I'm happy.  I'm a solid size 14 and doing lots of shopping.  I think I'll get to a size 12. 

I'm going on a cruise at the end of next week, and that may be difficult.  I will try to have salad and a nice lean protein each night.  I'm sure I'll resort to some fried crap or a piece of pizza ever once in a while if that is all that is available, but hopefully I'll have access to some lean stuff most of the time. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
blueeyedgal
on 8/14/12 10:04 am - AL
VSG on 02/03/12
Sounds like you are doing great!  Congratulations on all of your success!

blueeyedgal    
teahleah
on 8/14/12 12:14 pm
VSG on 07/02/12
Congrats on your success so far! I use the Kashi Crackers Original 7 Grain...they taste pretty good and generally I eat about half a serving or less at one time...I've been using them since I was losing weight pre-op and my NUT gave me the ok to use them now after surgery. I also want to try some of the WASA crackers which I have heard are good.

I also use World Table Rice Thins found in Walmart and then of course you the lowest calorie is always cucumbers (I tried it...didn't really like it...but I don't eat crackers all that often so the other options work for me). 

Kashi Original 7 Whole Grain Crackers Serving Size 15 crackers Calories 120 Total Fat 3 g Total Carbs 19 g Dietary Fiber 2 g Sugars 4 g Sodium 160 mg Protein 4 g
World Table - Original Rice Thins Serving Size 32 crackers Calories 140 Total Fat 3 g Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 26 g Sodium 100 mg Protein 2 g
*If you don't see a nutrition number it's because it was zero so I didn't put it.

HW: 475, Consult WT: 450.5 **Lost 63 lbs pre-op** SW: 387.5 M1: -31, M2: 
Check out my blog about my journey so far:  http://breakingoutbebe.blogspot.com
LaughingCow
on 8/14/12 1:33 pm - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
Thank you guys!  I'll look at the crackers you suggested.  I'm just going to keep plugging away at it and working to reach goal. 

I haven't found any foods that I can't tolerate.  I did have some gazpacho that didn't agree with me, but that was a few months ago and I bet it would be fine now. 

I realized I've dropped off attending Overeaters Anonymous meetings.  I really should go back.  WLS didn't change that compulsive side of me. 

Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
jn26845
on 8/14/12 2:05 pm
Wow is all i can say your story is so close to mine. I'm 5'7  started at 255 had surgery on3-28 and have got down to 176 size 12 /14 i feel like i want to loose more  i have been staling for 3 weeks. My friends and boyfreind say i don't need to loose more but i'm having trouble seeing that how much i have lost i still see the fat me lol i  want to make it to 160. I'm sure we can do this i just don't want to look sick. My daughter says my face and hands are already to small
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views