margarita protein ****tail

toniosmom
on 8/21/12 6:37 am
I love margaritas -- my favorite drink.  Well, I obviously can't have them for a long time, so I tried the Crystal Lite margarita drink mix.  It's really good.  I think it's a bit sweeter than a margarita and certainly has no alcohol, but it's a pretty decent substitute.  

Well, last night I was bored, so I took 8 oz of the margarita drink, added a 1/2 scoop of Unjury unflavored protein powder and let it settle to reduce the amount of foam (from the shaker bottle).  In the meantime, I took out my margarita glass, moistened the rim with a wedge of lime and then salted it.  Poured my margarita protein into my beautifully-salted glass and enjoyed my margarita protein ****tail.  I added a few ice cubes to keep it cold and boy was it yummy!

It was a nice way to end the day and get in another jolt of protein.  The salt cut the protein taste out of the drink, so it was extra good.     

danzeppelin
on 8/21/12 6:45 am
VSG on 08/15/12
Mmmm...sounds good! Adapt. Overcome. I like!

Rose_wins
on 8/21/12 7:11 am, edited 8/21/12 12:12 am - TX
VSG on 07/30/12
Thanks so much for this...have really been thinking about a margarita a lot during these hot "Texas in August" afternoons! Just yesterday I was contemplating on how to get a skinny version of this. I will be enjoying this today! What fun that it includes protein, to boot!
We play til I win...            
elizasgone
on 8/21/12 9:43 am - St Cloud, FL
VSG on 06/28/12
Try the crystal light Mojito flavored one too.
TSinNC
on 8/21/12 2:05 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
All I can say is, "yum!"

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Sara R.
on 8/22/12 11:18 am
What a fabulous idea! :) I can picture drink nights with the girls and not feeling left out. thanks for sharing

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views