At the beach! Two NSV's!

tripmom02
on 8/25/12 9:28 am, edited 8/25/12 9:32 am - NJ
 1 - I actually ENJOYED being at the beach LOL I have never enjoyed it, ever. Always struggled to move across the sand, was always too hot and sweaty, with sand sticking in places it should not! Yesterday was actually FUN. 

2 - I wore a bathing suit in public and after getting an eyeful of the skin that was being show all around me, I didn't feel self conscious at all! 

I am loving life at goal! 

and some cutness just to make you smile! My two year old, who was horrified by the sand when we first got to the beach, but was a total sand monster by the time we left LOL 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Shagdoll
on 8/25/12 9:30 am
So awesome Courtney!!! Rock that bathing suit!!! I agree, the beach is not a scary place anymore. Love it, thanks for sharing!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

tripmom02
on 8/25/12 1:37 pm - NJ

acbbrown
on 8/25/12 9:43 am - Granada Hills, CA
 LOVE the pics :)

It's nice to no longer dread a walk on the sand to get to the beach and feel like I was dragging a couple hundred lbs of rocks behind me (oh wait...I was lol)

I CANNOT WAIT to be a skinny ***** on the beach - thanks for the motivation :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tripmom02
on 8/25/12 1:39 pm - NJ
We are going to have to plan a beach trip! 

INgirl
on 8/25/12 9:44 am
Cute! You & the kiddo!
I love how the little ones can be so freaked out by dirt on them, till they realize it's fun.. then it's a free-for all! Our friends little girl went through a "oh, dirt! get it offa me nowwww!" stage.. 
tripmom02
on 8/25/12 9:50 am - NJ
 This kid especially, he has some severe sensory issues and will actually gag and make himself throw up if he gets dirt on his hands, so I KNEW this might be a short trip the beach but I had to try. At first he was gaging and dry heaving in the middle of the blanket I put down for him, then my daughter let him dump a bucket of sand on her head and it was all downhill from there LOL

julyxo84
on 8/25/12 9:50 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
very nice. ugh its amazing to not be in so much pain walking in the sand!
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

tripmom02
on 8/25/12 1:40 pm - NJ
 Thanks! It really is amazing how much easier things are, just silly things that you never even really think about until you are doing it! 

moonglo82
on 8/25/12 10:08 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Awesome! I hope that by this time next year I will have enjoyed a trip to the beach as well

Your son is adorable! Too funny about your daughter helping him to be comfortable in the sand... sounds like a great trip!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 381 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views