When I look at y'alls pics, I'm always looking at your ...

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 9/10/12 4:50 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
 Calves!  Im always looking at your calves.  

Almost 5mo out (with my effin gallbladder just taken out Thursday ugh) and down 91lbs.  I started at 340.  Everything except the big old spare tire around my middle is melting, but my calves are hanging tough.  They used to be hard as a rock but now they're softer - not really "hanging" but that is the fear.

Im afraid they're going to stay big and I'll have disproportionate, misshapen calves lol.  I haven't wanted to wear a dress and some great fitting jeggings are a little tight in the calves.

So yeah Ive been enlarging and studying all your calves.

acbbrown
on 9/10/12 5:32 am - Granada Hills, CA
My calves are super manly looking :(((((  They sag when I hold them up...boo hoo.

I can't complain though because they are super strong, and get me around :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Erica A.
on 9/10/12 8:50 am - KY
 from a family of lots of WLS among us I have noticed that most of us have kept pretty amazing shape to our calves. I asked a doctor about that at one point why the calves held such good muscle tone and the answer was that our calve have been carrying around a constant large amount of weight so there fore  they are one of the strongest parts on our bodies. They were getting a constant workout.

Goal 60% by 6 mths (143lbs) reached at 5.5mths

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

rhearob
on 9/10/12 9:24 am - TN

I found that I lost at different rates in different places.  I apparently held a lot of my weight in my legs. I lost there first, then in the middle, then more in my legs.  You'll get there.

Also, keep in  mind that when you reach goal and start maintaining that your body will shift fat all over again and re-proportion your body.

Don't let it get to you.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

AdeanaMarie
on 9/10/12 12:52 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I am going to be posting pics this week and after I took the pics, I focused on my calves too. Mine have always been very defined. I have always had tiny ankles and feet, so my calves always seemed a bit large, I thought they would start looking smaller, but not yet. I am just thankful these legs have held out this long and even at my heaviest, were still able to climb stairs. So, if my legs are a bit disproportionate, I will rejoice that they still get me where I need to go.

But I am sure the closer to goal we get, and the less the calves have to carry in weight every day, they will start trimming out. Just might take awhile.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views