Was stalled for a really long time

LaughingCow
on 9/10/12 11:26 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I was stalled at 180 for a really long time.  I don't view the scale much, but I know it was at least 8 weeks.  My doctor's goal for me is 160.

I knew my metabolism was probably messed up from so many years of being heavy, and I was concerned, of course, that I would not be able to lose any more.  But I also knew I was eating the right things, avoiding the wrong things and was exercising.  So I just kept the faith that eventually at least a little more would come off. 

After a week-long cruise with a few bites of dessert each night, I hadn't gained any weigh.  And then suddenly as I went back to eating correctly, etc., the scale went whoosh and I lost 7 lbs in a week.  I was absolutely shocked.  I hadn't seen even a pound of loss is so long that I wouldn't have even bothering weighing but some of the clothes that were tight on the cruise suddenly fit really nicely and were even a tad loose. 

(I'm not recommending eating a few bites of dessert each night to try to induce a break from a plateau.  I'm just reporting my basic food info during the stall and when it broke.  I suspect it was just time for the stall to end b/c I simply wasn't eating enough calories to support 180 lbs, not even with a messed up metabolism.)
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
carrierae
on 9/10/12 12:06 pm - WA
I have experienced the same thing. On the flip side I did my whoosh (11lbs in a week) then stalled back out. Even gained back 2lbs eating good.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

desertmom
on 9/10/12 12:29 pm - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Well,after my summer holiday (lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks of eating what I wanted drinking red wine way too often not counting anything not worrying about it at all) I stalled for 3 weeks,lost 4 now again.

See,when we stall we need to go on holiday!!!!!!

Great going.7 pounds just like that...it must feel great!

LaughingCow
on 9/11/12 9:55 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
Since I know my metabolism isn't going to be like a normal person's I've decided to try to focus on what I'm *doing* instead of what the scale says. I'm trying to adjust to thinking that if I'm eating the things that my body needs and I'm exercising like I should be, whatever weight my body settles at is healthy for me.

I do want to focus more on exercise, though. I bought a gym membership, but it's not open yet except for a few demo machines. But I did find a machine that I really like that gives a pretty good all-over workout for someone who isn't in great shape.
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views