Approved!

ravenbrown
on 9/10/12 9:04 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12
So, I had my last appointment on 8/30, and I called to check in with my surgeon today since he said I would be able to have my surgery in mid-to-late September and I hadn't heard anything.  The pre-op diet is two weeks.  I spoke to the nurse who said they were waiting for approval from the insurance company, but that he would call and find out the status.  I called my insurance company, and they said it was approved.  Yay!  So, now I don't know what to do.  Should I call back my doctor's office and let them know?  Should I wait?  I don't want to be a nuissance, but I do want to be scheduled so I can work out my time off, etc.  

I'm super nervous.  I really do think this is the best thing for me, I'm just really scared.  There's also mom guilt/sadness because I have a 10 month old, and I'm not supposed to pick her up for 4 weeks which is obviously not realistic but it means my husband will have to take over bed time duties, and he'll have to get her out of her crib in the morning.  Sorry, this got all stream of consciousness.  I don't feel like I have a lot of people to talk to about this.  Thanks for reading :)
skinny cat
on 9/10/12 9:56 am
VSG on 01/08/13
I am the same as you. I hate to be a nuissance, but I want to get things rolling. I say call and tell them insurance said you were approved and can they give you a date..then they can call insurance themselves and you won't have to wait. Good luck and Congrats!

Carmen M.
on 9/10/12 9:56 am
 CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I still have a month to got for my pre-op requirements. I hope my approval goes like yours; i will definitely would call the doctor's office to let them know. I am so excited for you. 
jennydemerice
on 9/10/12 10:21 am - Gonzales, LA
Raven-
Call them girl!  Let them know you called and they said your approved.  Its your health care just think of it as being proactive. ;) 
and, CONGRATS!!!  I am still waiting to see if I get approved, but I hope it comes soon.  I have a little girl and an in home daycare so I have to send my babies other places while I recoup after surgery.  I jsut plan to kiss them lots and feed them and hug them lots.  And know that this is all for THEIR good too.  Our kids need a healthy mom that lives a long full life!
Congrats again!
Jenn

kristen D.
on 9/10/12 11:32 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12
congrats!!!!! I called my insurance company today and they said they just recieved all the paperwork today.. have to wait a few days and bother them again! lol good luck with your surgery! happy for you!!

ravenbrown
on 9/10/12 11:40 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12
Thank you everyone! I'm going to call back later this afternoon. Arrgghhhh! So nervous, but also excited. I have to keep reminding myself this is for the long term, so a couple weeks of not being able to pick my daughter up isn't a big deal. Ugh, this makes me so emotional.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 434 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views