Who ARE you? *a NSV*

tripmom02
on 9/19/12 9:36 am - NJ
That is what my mother said to me this morning when she came to drop off some stuff for the kids, it was 10:30 in the morning, my house was clean, I had already run 4 miles, showered, dressed and fully made up, dropped off a bunch of boy scout crap to school and had muffins baking in the oven for the kids breakfast tomorrow.

I have to admit, I have NEVER been this together in my life, and it feels really fantastic to be on top of everything. I honestly have to say that getting myself together mentally and emotionally and confronting some old demons during the last year while on this journey to a new me has giving me a new lease on life, and I am pretty proud of how far I have come and that people are noticing that I have got my **** together for the first time in my life LOL

I really don't think just losing the weight would have gotten me to this point, it was taking the time to really focus on the true issues behind my weight gain and food issues that have helped me the most, sure being a size 8 is amazing, but being able to face a new day every day with optimism and hope is a pretty awesome side effect!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

melly37
on 9/19/12 9:46 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
That's amazing, and I am so happy for your successes!!  I hope to get there some day!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

stephanieplum
on 9/19/12 9:46 am
VSG on 06/27/12
How cool is THAT!!!!!

hwag5149
on 9/19/12 9:51 am
:) Good for you. I think it's important that people know it's not the weight loss that fixes your life. I thought I'd be "skinny" and in a whole new frame of mind but in reality I'm more depressed than I was 140 pounds ago. It adds to my depression that I had this dream in my mind of a perfect life after weight loss and it hasn't even sort of happened so now I feel like a failure. Anyway, it's beyond awesome that you were able to lose weight and work on your brain at the same time. We all really need to do that! ANDDDD you're cute all at the same time. Lucky ass!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

jenngirl
on 9/19/12 10:16 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Dear Hwag,

you have worked on your body, it sounds like it is time to take some time out for YOU and work on your mind. It made me so sad to read your comment. I know that we should not have false hopes, and I do not expect weight loss to solve every issue in my life, but if I can change my attitude about life, and actually LIVE it, then I would imagine that is also what this journey is about. Life is NEVER going to be perfect, but we have to make the most of it and live it to the fullest. I certainly hope that you find what you are looking for, or find out WHY you are looking for it...you may find out it is not necessarily what you need and that you need to redirect your focus. But most of all, I hope that you find happiness!

SophieNJ
on 9/19/12 7:49 am, edited 9/19/12 7:52 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13
hwag....sorry about your depression....I am just trying to climb out of that hole myself after about a year.... & I'm pre-op....
The media/tv/etc have always made me feel like being 'skinny' is the answer to everything.  But you know that's all bs, right?  
Personally, I think a "perfect life" is over-rated LOL....the best I'm hoping for out of wls is health and energy.
I know for myself, I need support...I join groups (not necessarily for weight issues)...and I am already attending several different wls support groups.  Please take care of yourself...you deserve the best life, but only you can give that to you. 
Sorry, am starting to sound preachy....I just want peace and happiness for you...{{{hugs}}}
howarli
on 9/20/12 6:44 am - MD
Hwag,

You post sunk my heart.......sorry to hear about your depression. Your next step (since you have lost the weight) is to put yourself first, mind, body and soul.  You have to love yourself enough to want to be happy.  Do what you have to do for you because if you cannot love yourself you are no good to anyone else.  I'm sending soothing, happy thoughts your way dear.

EliseG
on 9/19/12 10:00 am - MA
Umm, just in case I haven't told you this lately, you freakin rock.

momsy55
on 9/19/12 10:10 am - ME
How awesome!  It was my head that got me to more than 300 lbs at my highest, and it has to be my head that keeps me at a healthy, normal weight.  Without the head changes, the body changes are temporary at best.  Sometimes it's not fun or easy confronting my demons, and I admit, there are times when I avoid looking at issues when I should.  However, I know where that behavior got me in the past when I lost weight - right back to square one.  So, I do my best to look at what's going on for me in a situation, as honestly as I can, and adjust my behavior accordingly, to do what I need to not give into the demons, and to keep moving forward (or at least not slipping back into old habits).  So far, this approach is working, but I know that, while I am making progress, if I don't continue facing these issues, the progress will stop and I'll go backwards.  My recovery is too precious to me to let that happen.  Like you, the most amazing part for me is the hope and positive outlook for each day and the future.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Shagdoll
on 9/19/12 10:23 am
Courtney gurl, you are such an inspiration to me!!! I love how dedicated you are to everything!!! You've got it goin' on gurl!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 305 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views