Day 1 PreOp Diet

jjldh_va
on 9/28/12 4:29 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with
SO... wish me luck here everyone.  Started my PreOp liquid diet. 

Any advice, reccomendations for meals?  Some of these "low-sodium" soups are nuts on sodium and carbs.

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

lisa2job
on 9/28/12 6:37 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
You can do it ,   the 3rd day was the hardest and after surgery too was pretty hard for me ,  I was ready for real food!!!    I pretty much lived on broth ,  SF jello, SR pudlding, SF popsicles,  crystal light is a life saver for me and my protein shakes.....   I didnt do much soup on my pre op... I saved it for the two week after surgery,  by that time you will be so sick of soup !!! lol  

good luck

meljac22
on 9/28/12 11:30 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12
You can do it.. I am on day 6 of mine.. the first couple of days were the worst for me now it is better..maybe I am getting used to it.. I have just been creative with my shakes.. I got the Vanilla so that I could change flavors up so I won't get bored.. How long is your pre-op diet ??  Mine is 2 weeks.. but I do get to have 1 sensible meal a day.. 1000 calories a day only is allowed.. for broths I would buy low sodium and if you like spices Trader Joe's has a 21 Seasoning Salute that is salt free but has 21 spices in it.. It is very good.. maybe you could get some and add it to your broth to zest it up a bit.. You can do this.. Good Luck..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views