Day 4 Liquid Diet - Soup Ideas???

jjldh_va
on 10/1/12 2:14 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with
OK... so suffering along with my liquid diet... have tried some recipes for soups from South Beach cookbooks.  Does any one have any other cookbook, blog, website suggestions where I can get some ideas for adding some flavor to my diet??  Protein drinks get pretty bland after a while, and can soups just too high in carbs (and sodium!) in so many cases.

I tried a Lemon Dill with Scallops (Hubby ate the scallops) that was VERY good, and a Thai Shrimp with Lime as well that was just a bit more spicy than I prefer, but still good.  If I am going to be doing this for some weeks, I want to start good habits now, cooking at home, using fresh healthy food.

On another positive note... lost a few pounds earlier in the month cutting out sugary sodas, and now down to 283... now if I can only fix my tracker!  I forgot how!!  ;-D

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

danixbanani
on 10/1/12 3:46 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with
Try http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/.  She had RNY and has tons and tons of recipes for all WLS patients.  Good luck!  I start mine next week! 

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

TSinNC
on 10/1/12 3:48 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Elina_7 is a veteran member here and she has some fabulous soup recipes on her profile page.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views