Smoothie King

krkelly29
on 10/8/12 6:10 am - LA
What smoothie is good to have during preop at SmoothieKing?
moonglo82
on 10/8/12 6:22 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Depends... what are your goals for pre-op?  What are your surgeon's guidelines? 

If you go to Smoothie King's website, I think they have their NI available.  I would look for the options that have the least sugar and most protein. 

Also: I learned the hard way that the Gladiator smoothie NI does not include the fruit they add in.  Just a thought.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Amy 2bhealthy
on 10/8/12 7:11 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
My preop was protein shakes and other clear liquids only, so if you are under the same type of plan, I think about the only option at smoothie king would be the Gladiator shake, which is just protein powder. I just came back from a conference where I had their smoothies a couple times, it is nice to mix it up and have something more "shake" like with them blending it with ice for a change up. I think they have chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry.

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Teresa J.
on 10/8/12 7:19 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with
I am 2 months post-op and I had the Gladiator chocolate with strawberries and bananas and it was oh so yummy!!  A 20oz has 45 grams of protein and with the fruit it had 19 carbs.  I tried it without the fruit a couple weeks ago and not so good.  I would splurge and have them add the fruit.

Teresa

Pobearsam7
on 10/8/12 7:24 am
 Gladiator it is lw carb... I have them Make it ... It is baratric friendly 

Kelly                

krkelly29
on 10/8/12 10:03 am - LA
Thanks everyone!!! I tried the Gladiator and added fruit.. It wasnt bad at all..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views