new habits renewing ME

SweetJanee
on 10/17/12 11:28 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
I have been tracking my food for 36 days today! Not only food but activity and mood for the day. Every 10 days I've set goals (physically nutrition and spiritual) anyways, I reviewed w my p.c. Dr. And cool not great but cool, I've met my goals by at least 50% of the time
So, 2 more appts w the NUT and... Ive been praying to be sleeved by the new year! Hearing my Dr. tell me an ideal weight for me (I'm. 5'3) blew me away. I cant wrap my head around that and that's ok. I have been reading so many others journeys and i know that I am a work of progress.
I am working on implementing new habits before surgery. I want to have the best possible outcome. With that being said I am getting on my elliptical more picking healthy carbs and reading my Bible daily (Imo best way to start MY day)
I am so enjoying this journey ,even though I haven't had surgery yet, I love that u all give me hope of a healthy ME its like u now the present under the tree is for u an its what u have always wanted...I just got to wait. And I can
when I'm going thrum my day an I don't feel like doing what I have to I think about what its going to be like ...what its like for others already I'm gonna be free
Keywester
on 10/17/12 11:36 pm
VSG on 12/05/12
When my dr told me my ideal weight I almost fell on the ground laughing!  I, too, am working on new habits before my surgery as well.  I am now 12 days diet soda free!    My surgery date still seems like eons away. 

Keep up the good work!  My daily verse is Philippians 4:5-7!
SweetJanee
on 10/17/12 11:47 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
right!!?!?? somedays I'm torn by "this is the last dinner " and "why not make changes now " but...it is what it is...n this is gonna be a trip...one I'm enjoying

OMGEEE!!! IF U ONLY KNEW THE AFFIRMATION IM FEELING. I have this script. On a ring. I clung to this script while going thru a traumatic time so THANK U!!
acbbrown
on 10/17/12 11:45 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 The best thing I ever did for myself was to work on changing some of my habits, focusing on WHY i was eating, exercising, and getting healthy before surgery. It made the post-op transition incredibly easy for me. 

Youve got a great attitude going into this - you can accomplish anything you set your mind to!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

SweetJanee
on 10/17/12 11:48 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
Thank u I agree!
ArmyWife29
on 10/17/12 11:49 pm - GA
Great work Janee and very inspiring!  In fact reading this gave me a reminder to get on my  MyFitnessPal account to update my breakfast for the morning =)  I can relate to the weight goal too, the high end of normal for is 138lbs...which I have never been even close to weighing in my adult life.  It is quite exciting to think that I could even be within 20 lbs of this!  Ha!
Metime12.
on 10/18/12 12:27 am
 I can relate to the ideal weight shock! I am 5 ft 3 and a half and my Dr told me my ideal weight is 130 pounds. I was 232 pre op that was a week ago. I am now 220! So at this rate if I keep up with the milestones before me on this journey I should be my deal weight by this time next year. Honestly, I will be thrilled, in fact over moon, when I reach 150 pounds, which really is my ideal weight for me! So let's do this together sleeve sister!
 These are the first days of the rest of my life. I feel like i have gone through a rebirth, with a second chance for a new life to live and a new me to treasure! I will remain on the losers bench for the rest of my  healthier life!         
happiegirl
on 10/18/12 12:33 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
I"m 5'3" too lol and I know what my ideal weight is.  Yup a shocker right?  My sister is 5'3" as well and 130 pounds.  At this weight she is a size zero and even that looks big.  So yes yes it's very small.  I'm shooting for 160, even though that still puts me overweight...than maybe 140.  We'll see how it goes.  Good luck with your sleeve! You doing it right.  You want to change before surgery the restriction is a shocker after.  No emotional eating no binging..that comfort will be gone gone.  The one thing I thank god for is I had already changed so much.  I don't know if I could do it any other way.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

SweetJanee
on 10/18/12 12:43 am
VSG on 03/26/13
Hey Jen ive read sooo many stories about restriction n I'm like :/ I am strong and can n will do this! another thing I planned is counceling after surgery. In fact it will be in burque, so maybe we could meet. Great luck to u too
SweetJanee
on 10/18/12 12:38 am
VSG on 03/26/13
I'm between 240-235 and the lowest I've been in my adult life was 172!! n I felt n looked good lol but I was there only for a minute. I haven't been under 200 since ....2000 WOW 12 YRS! But yes I too will be your sleeved sister soon enough
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 294 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views