Women topic!!

moonglo82
on 10/20/12 3:31 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Yeah... my experience in this department has not been altogether pleasant.

Starting with about a month out, I started having TWO periods a month.  Every two weeks, pretty much like clockwork... and I would bleed for about five days at a time... and this is with birth control pills!  I have been in touch with my gyno about this since about four months out (he had told me it might take 3 months for the bcp to regulate things because of the rapid weight loss), and I went in for an ultrasound two weeks ago, which came back pretty much normal, other than a small cyst on my left ovary and a few fibroids... so nothing that should cause this kind of bleeding.  We have upped my dose of the bcp in hopes that this will do the trick. 

The last time I lost weight before surgery, I had a similar problem.  Apparently my body just loves to release hormones when I let go of fat.  Hopefully when I get to maintenance things will improve.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

purplerox60
on 10/20/12 4:37 am - Mt
VSG on 08/27/12
I am 52 and hadn't  had one for seven months.  I thought I was done, or was hoping I was done, but three weeks after surgery "BAMM" there it was, and very heavy, lasting almost a week.  Now waiting for next month to see what happens.  I thought I was on the road to being done, but I have lost a total of 55 pound, so I will take the trade off any day!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views