14 months out, and sometimes I still don't get it and realize that I am always a work in...

tripmom02
on 10/15/12 5:10 am - NJ
So last night was my 12 year wedding anniversary, I am at my lowest weight since I was in maybe the 3rd grade (no, I am not exaggerating!), so I decided to say EFF IT, I am going to eat what I want at dinner (anyone see where this is going?)

So this is what I order -

French Onion Soup to start, Coconut shrimp appetizer, 10 oz sirloin with crab stuffed shrimp and fresh steamed veggies and a Blue Moon to wa**** down with (and to hell with it, I am going to drink while I am eating damn it!). 

I eat the cheese off the top of the soup, couple sips of beer, get down three shrimp and that's it, I have to throw in the towel, my Sleeve has called it and it's a TKO, I am down for the count. My dinner came and I just looked at it and knew that I was not going to get in one.single.bite of it, so I just asked for a box.

It was in that moment that I realized exactly what I was doing, I was celebrating the FOOD and not the milestone with my husband that I was there to celebrate. I gave myself a little kick in the ass, and then put it aside and just enjoyed the next hour sitting and talking to my husband, reconnecting, laughing and soaking in the atmosphere ( also looking hot in my amazing boots and dress, and with no kids to make me crazy!).

That food demon still gets the best of me, I still have to work to shut it up. It is easier now to quite it and recognize exactly what I am doing, but it's just proof that this journey is a lifelong one that requires dedication and endurance and the better a foundation you lay at the start, the better you are going to be in the long run.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/12 5:20 am
Great post.  We are all still works in progress and I really think that maintenance can be harder to deal with mentally than the weight loss.  I get the same moments of saying, " I am 103 lbs, eat something".  :)  The sleeve is there to help us during those moments.  I kind of think of it like this, most of the time, I do the majority of the work, but when I am weak, my sleeve carries me.  I think this along with the reduction in ghrelin is why I can do this now and could never maintain long term before.  I always have a safety net. 
Shagdoll
on 10/15/12 5:22 am
Do I hear that August Sleeve Sista!!!  I packed some chicken salad that I made for lunch but thought I packed enough for 2 days.  After a few bites, I feel those little gurgles in my throat from having enough... I think I brought enough chicken salad for 5 days this week!!!

Where's the hot pic of you in your amazing boots and dress Courtney??  You know we all wanna see!!!!

Rock that gurl!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

melly37
on 10/15/12 5:47 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
You are a true inspiration, Courtney.  That strong foundation from the beginning is SO important!!  Keep up the good fight!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Sleeva
on 10/15/12 6:09 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
I have done that when I let myself get hungry by going to long without eating.. but thank God for my sleeve that said nope you are not going to eat all of that, so I have started to recognize the behavior and no matter how hungry I think I might be still stick to the measured portion and it will be enough.

Thanks for this post..
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

slimpickins5280
on 10/15/12 6:26 am - CO
HAHA! I did this while I was in Dallas last spring. Luckily I was with my Sleeve friend and she was smart enough to see that I was ordering enough food for an army.

Needless to say, we had lots of leftovers.

We are all works-in-progress.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

acbbrown
on 10/15/12 6:31 am - Granada Hills, CA
I already knew where that was going to end up....the two of us couldnt finish a single meal haha.

Next time...I want a post about how you drank 5 blue moons before you started eating :)

Congrats on the anniversary. Your husband is the luckiest guy and probably had the hottest wife last night!!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

frisco
on 10/15/12 8:02 am
Great post.....
That's the payoff for preserving your restriction.... The safety net.....

Pics of date night????

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

trayb17
on 10/15/12 8:31 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Happy Anniversary and great post!
TSinNC
on 10/15/12 8:47 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Happy anniversary! And yes, pic please!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 206 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 290 views