Slee*****T

Aaustin89
on 10/23/12 1:41 am - Grand prairie, TX
Ok im a week out and tomorrow i have my one week post op visit... pretty much everything is good as far as the drinking fluids and fluids... my only complaint is i CANNOT get comfortable when im trying to sleep... i dont want to lay on my back all the time... but then if i lay on my right side i feel like im pulling my stomach... my left i feel like im squashing it... ugh.. plus i have a two yr old who i kept this whooole weekend by myself cause it was my moms bday.. n man she worked me after bending and cleaning up after her and carrying her (i wasnt supposed to pick up more than ten pounds) I have been trying to avoid taking my Lortab but i gave in... anyone elsr have this problem.... pain on left for over a week
SuzyNZ
on 10/23/12 3:14 am, edited 10/23/12 10:14 am
VSG on 09/17/12
Yip, definitely had left side pain and that's pretty normal.

Try sleeping on your right side with a pillow tucked under your tummy to stop the pulling and one up against your back too. In a few days you will be able to do the "pillow squash" as I called it lying on your left side too.

It will get easier!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

EliseG
on 10/23/12 3:19 am - MA
Yes I had a similar problem. I slept in my recliner for a few weeks. I know it's probably the last thing you want to hear, but it will get better with time. Hang in there *hugs*

Aaustin89
on 10/23/12 3:23 am - Grand prairie, TX
Well it is glad that I am not the only one... thanks for the encouragment
bob-h
on 10/23/12 6:36 am - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
 The best way to look at it is to remember that every day it get's a little better. My left side had the most pain also. Bob

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

MariaRH
on 10/23/12 12:35 pm
YEP ME TO, almost 2 weeks out, side feel better but still hurts, stopped pain meds when I got my gists 2 and 5 from their dads on friday...
So cant believe how many times my belly has been abused by them.
sleeping on back...
surgeon says I am doing great....I want to stab him in the left side and give him my two year old for a day...(not really)...okay maybethe two year old part lol

Aaustin89
on 10/23/12 12:42 pm - Grand prairie, TX
Lol i know right...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views