Im craving all sorts of food..

krkelly29
on 11/1/12 2:38 pm - LA
Sleeved on Monday and I have an appetite for everything!!
mickeymantle
on 11/1/12 3:08 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

probably head hunger

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/1/12 3:11 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I felt that way too, but its deceiving. It is most likely head hunger and anyway you have to stick to liquids and shakes for now to heal. Watch a movie, read a book....get your mind off of food. Or think of creative ways to consume liquids.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

SandyFromNJ
on 11/1/12 10:00 pm

krkelly29-  Questions:

An appetite? 

Does that mean you have not pain or nausea?  

Are you able to drink 64 oz of water and get in your protein?

How is your energy level?

I am pending surgery on Monday and was just wondering........

SandyfromNJ

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/2/12 3:14 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Hi Sandy,
Sorry the questions are probably not for me but you replied under my post so I'll answer anyway, may be helpful.
No, didn't have any pain or nausea at all from the get go. I am able to drink more than 64 oz of water a day and then other fluids on top like tea, broth, protein shakes, whatever...it took a bit of organizing but I now buy mineral water in the 500 ml bottles and I drink four of these a day religiously. That gives me more than 64 oz.
I am able to get all my protein in. I do one shake in the morning and then food all day and if I make goal I don't do another shake and if I am low I do a shake in the evening. Good luck on Monday!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Rouxful
on 11/1/12 11:26 pm

Honestly, head hunger and real hunger are functionally the same. They both make you want to eat, and that's what's important to note here. The sleeve won't get rid of your appetite, it just changes its character a bit. Look at the sleeve for what it is: training wheels for good portion control. Can you overeat with the sleeve? Yep. Can you eat anything (including crap you shouldn't) with the sleeve? You bet. But even though you're hungry and craving everything, you'll be surprised what protein will do for your sleeve. A year and a half out, I'll eat a huge bowl of salad and it will pass right through me and still leave me slightly hungry. But a little Premier shake will sate me just fine. Stick to those for now, and then move on to other forms of protein, like Greek yogurt. In a couple weeks, finely mashed egg salad will also be a huge help as well. Don't get discouraged by the hunger, work your way through it methodically.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/2/12 3:22 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Sad news - just because you want it doesn't mean you should have it. Eating what we wanted when we wanted it is part of why we needed this surgery. The surgery helps with physical hunger and volume control, but does nothing for the "wanna."

For now - what are you allowed according to your surgeon's plan? Do that, then do something unrelated to food. (Go for a walk, go window shopping, clean something, read a book, write one, knit a hat, call a friend...)

It WILL get easier, but for now you'll have to suck it up and follow orders.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 380 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views