I just wanna sleep!

krkelly29
on 11/7/12 3:41 am - LA
Im 1week post op Surgery was on Oct 29th.. All I want to do is lay down and sleep.. I have absolutely no energy.. Is this normal? Im getting my fluids in but not my protein shakes.. I just dont feel like making them.. Whats a good RTD protein shake?
Sinlaila
on 11/7/12 4:13 am - WA
VSG on 06/12/12

A lot of people use the Premier shakes you can get at Costco or Sams Club.  I like the Pure Protein shakes you can get at the Vitamin Shoppe (online too).  It all depends on your tastes.

It took me about 6 weeks before I had any energy back. I wasn't in pain at all but I was so very tired.

emelar
on 11/7/12 4:29 am - TX

Sleeping was normal for me.  I didn't feel bad after surgery.  No real pain.  But I slept on and off for at least 2 weeks.

And I'll second the Premier protein drinks.  They're one of the more bearable ones.

Faye56
on 11/7/12 4:31 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

It took me a good 3 months to get energy back. Once I started taking my B12 and other vits I felt better. I like the EAS Carb Control RTD shakes. Chocolate fudge is good. You can buy them at most grocery stores/Walmart/Walgreens.

Be sure and drink all you liquids and get your protein in!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Marie M.
on 11/7/12 5:51 am - PA

Totally normal.  I was exhausted for 2-3 weeks postop.  Took a long nap every afternoon.  Remember, your body is recovering from a major surgery.  Feel better soon  :)

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

lucy2e
on 11/7/12 6:18 am - Laurel, MD

Completely normal for me - I was totally wiped out for a good week!  The anesthesia had me totally groggy!

Protein will help.  Make one in the morning and divide it up and sip throughout the day!  Or like others said, buy the premade ones at COSTCO.

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

myveryownjet
on 11/7/12 7:51 am - LA

Some days are still like that for me and I am over a month Post-Op.  It helps when I take my vitamins regularly.  I also gave myself a shot of B12 last week.  I need to do that again today.  Goodluck!

MariaRH
on 11/7/12 7:53 am

Yep normal,

So is pain, nausea, and I lost hair about a week after..noticed in the shower but only that one time from the anesthesia.  I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow starting to feel human..BUT some gallbladder issues.

I used unjury (got sick of it after 2 weeks), not I do pure protein in am, tomorrow I start soft foods YAY.  Good Luck

Oh and mood swings and weird emotions...normal...and loud gurgle noises.  What saved me early on and helped was the mint dissolvable gas ex that is a little leaflet

Maria

Nadurra Deb
on 11/7/12 8:30 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

Totally normal. I was exhausted that first week. The body is healing. Keep drinking your water. I noticed I felt much better when I was hydrated and really work on getting that protein in. I'm a fan of the Premier protein from Cosco too. That is the only shake I have had since surgery and I still have one every morning for breakfast with my vitamins. Hang it there...you will feel better as you can get more in. Sleep is great for healing so don't fight it. One day you will wake up surprised at the energy you have...that took a couple of weeks for me and even then I would pay for it if I over did it that day.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

ladybuglv
on 11/7/12 2:13 pm - NV

I took a nap or at least laid down every afternoon for about two weeks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views