Pureed Stage

krkelly29
on 11/9/12 2:55 pm - LA
During this pureed stage can we have any type of crackers?
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/9/12 3:45 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Hi there! I have banned all obvious carbs from my diet until I reach goal. That includes crackers...I will get sufficient carbs from milk products, beans that I eat only occasionally and incidental carbs in healthy veggies and limited fruits. I will make occasional exceptions I am sure. Never say never, right?! But I will try to apply the 80/20 philosophy of being on track 80% of the time and allowing 20% of minimal slippage. That's just me. I am carb sensitive and insulin resistant so I need to do weight loss this way otherwise it doesn't work for me. And I certainly didn't go through major surgery and amputated 85% of a perfectly healthy stomach in order to fail because I wanted a cracker or some rice or whatever. That would be major surgery coupled with major stupidity and I want to avoid this.

You can puree literally anything...even steak if you really put your mind and blender to it. But can doesn't mean should. I have read on this biard folks pureeing rice...OK....well....different strokes for different folks and all our plans are different also. What does your plan say about crackers? And how carb sensitive were you before surgery? If you were and if carbs (rice, pasta, bread, potato, crackers, cereal, etc) got you to the point of climbing on that operating table, then don't let them back into your life just yet!!!

Take good care and best of luck with your continuing journey!!!! I meant to ask you, how is it going without the cigs? I quit 3 weeks prior to surgery and haven't had one since, but I must admit the temptation is there. Fear of damage outweighs the temptation to smoke just now. I hope that its a habit gone forever.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

LilSleeved
on 11/9/12 7:17 pm

Crackers?  No not during the Pureed stage.  Pureed stage is anything ground and softened by grinding.  A cracker wouldn't fit that discription.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Rita M.
on 11/10/12 12:17 am - Webster, MA

Hi Krkelly,

I am not at that point yet but did get some good ideas on pureed foods from my nutritionist, such as buying baby food in those small jars and using that instead of struggling with finding foods to throw in the blender.

It's a good option and there is a large variety available.

Good luck Hon!

Sincerely,

Rita

PrettyEyes_41
on 11/10/12 1:02 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

Crackers were not in my plan until I got to regular foods and then only 1 or 2 at a time because of the high carbs. During the puree stage I ate some of the Underwood meats (ham, chicken & beef) or potted meat or spam spread. I would add a little light miracle whip, a mashed egg yolk and a sprinkle of relish juice to flavor it up. Then I'd smear some in a soft piece of american cheese and roll it up. That became my best friend during those 2 weeks of puree's. Everyone likes things different though so you have to experiment to find what works best for you. I was also able to eat a lot of poached eggs where some people couldn't eat eggs for awhile. Good luck!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

meljac22
on 11/10/12 4:39 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12

My Puree list included the following.. Pureed Meat you might have to add broth or gravy to help it along, silken tofu, soft baked fish, water packed tuna moisten with light mayo, scrambled eggs, puree bean soup, low fat cottage cheese, light yogurt, puree canned vegetables, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes pureed or mashed to puree.. baby food stage 2. I did baby food for fruits,vegetables and meats since it was easier to deal with.. and then of course everything on your full liquids that you just finished with.. Hope this helps.. Just make sure you eat only 2-4 oz at a time.. you still want to only eat that much.. You don't want to overeat your sleeve and go slow..20-30 minutes for per meal.. Hope this helps.. Good Luck !!!    NO CRACKERS on the Puree Stage.. Sorry

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views