15 months, not much of an update, everything is still the same (which is a good thing!)

tripmom02
on 11/12/12 3:57 am - NJ

So with the hurricane and nor'easter (which did more damage for us then Sandy did!), I didn't get a chance to update at 15 months so I am a little late.

Everything for me is status quo, I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Sleeve, I am maintaining my weight perfectly now for 8 months (I have a 5 pound range and it's rare that I get outside it, up or down). Most days I just live life like a "normal" person, I have days that I still struggle with my body image but they are getting to be fewer and fewer. I am enjoying every moment of this second chance that I have been given. I have really come to love myself, physically and mentally. I am still not a big fan of myself naked, but I am slowly getting over it and just accepting my body for what it is. I have people who make me feel sexy even with the damage I have done to my skin, and that helps

Many of my relationships have changed though, the ones that where strong and awesome before have just gotten all that much better, but those that where struggling before have really just kind of self destructed and I have walked away from a lot of drama that I would have put up with before. I just don't want to be pulled into the negative that I have worked so hard to move away from. I am just chalking it up to a karma clean up that was long over due, out with the negative and in with the awesome.

I still measure, weigh and watch everything that goes in my mouth, but I have take a break from logging because I pretty much eat the same stuff every day and I watch the scale like a hawk (yeah, I am still totally OCD and weigh myself 3 times a day). I have started CrossFit with a friend/trainer, and he is literally kicking my ass as a way to help build my endurance. My goal for 2013 is to do a Half Iron Man, so I will be working my ass off in the next few months trying to get my body and mind ready for that (who knew forcing myself to go beyond my limits would be something I am excited about, but I am looking forward to challenging every limit I have!).

So overall, despite the challenges I had at the start, this has been the best 15 months of my life. I love my new self, my new body and the new and amazing friends I have made along the way who make me feel like a rock star.

Our town just had Halloween for the kids b/c it was canceled due to the storms, and I went as myself

IMG_20121105_181219-1_zpsc52949b9 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Shagdoll
on 11/12/12 4:17 am
You little devil you!!! Great post Courtney!!! It's people like you who have reached goal & have maintained are the ones who inspire me to keep going so thank you!!!
BTW, you look great!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

tripmom02
on 11/12/12 5:33 am - NJ

Thank you!

Mom4Jazz
on 11/12/12 4:25 am

You totally need to use that picture as your avatar! I love it.

Sorry the storms kicked your butt. From what I've been seeing it's going to take a lot of folks a really long time to get things back to normal. Hope the kids weathered it OK.

You are full of awesome.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

tripmom02
on 11/12/12 5:38 am - NJ

They really did get us good, less then ten miles away everything is literally gone, just washed away. We have several close friends who lost everything, our coast will never, ever be the same. We only lost a little to Sandy, but the 14 inches of snow that followed her too down trees (you can't believe the tree damage, seriously, driving down the street takes my breath away because almost every single house has a tree that has come down or just twisted until its broken in big pieces), toppled my fence, took out my gazebo and all my rose and blueberry bushes. Overall, it's nothing we can't fix or replace.

The kids did well during the whole thing b/c they got almost two solid weeks off of school LOL It's mommy who is about to have a melt down after all the "togetherness" LOL

ParisGirl
on 11/12/12 8:02 am
VSG on 04/25/13

So happy for you!!  And your skin is like porcelain!   

slimpickins5280
on 11/12/12 8:18 am - CO

You look awesome Courtney! Status quo sounds fantastic to me.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

pineview01
on 11/12/12 8:58 am - Davison, MI

Courtney you are at a lovely place.  You're also a lovely person, you little devil you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/12 10:53 am

The Devil wears Prada, Baby!

You are awesome! I mean it. Keep kickin' ass Courtney. You are inspiration.

acbbrown
on 11/12/12 11:46 am - Granada Hills, CA

Totally love you!  You are damn sexy - and a freaking super star -  congrats on the maintenance :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views