Pre-Op Diet: Day 4

Cindi A.
on 11/14/12 9:21 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Well, it's the end of day 4 already on my pre-op diet. I struggled with hypoglycaemia and a nut who insisted any more than 76 grams of protein would hurt my (perfectly healthy) kidneys. 

I got creative and started using my Greek yoghurt to cream up my soups and add a protein kick. I balanced raw veggies with cooked so I could chew and feel like I was having a meal. I'm going to cook my cauliflower in my chicken broth and then make mashed cauliflower for dinner.

I's still not easy but I definitely feel I'm stabilizing. No tears today, no shaking. 

I've lost one pound since the diet started. Whooppeee! LOL

What's really cool is to look at my ticker and notice it no longer reads 100 lbs to goal, or even 90 lbs to goal!! And all before surgery. It's a good start and has really given me confidence that I can do this, and control my weight for the rest of my life!

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

bob-h
on 11/14/12 7:57 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

Good job. Doing it per op makes doing it after so much pleasant.

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

meljac22
on 11/15/12 2:35 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12

Sounds like you are doing good.. I only have 1 kidney and I have been getting around 70 grams of protein a day in and my kidney is doing ok so far.. I also asked the Dr. about it before surgery since that was a BIG Concern of mine and he said that it would be just fine and that as you lose the weight and the fat around the kidney it would get healthier anyway.. having only 1 I know that my good one has enlarged to compromise for not having my other one.. Just make sure you get your water in and take your vitamins and you should be ok.. I am sorry that your NUT has told you this.. I also will get my labs and urnie done just to make sure I am in check.. I am going to ask my Dr. and see how often they want to check it.. I am thinking every 3 -6 months or so.. I guess my next labs will be a baseline of how often I need checked.. Good Luck.. You will be just fine !!!

Cindi A.
on 11/15/12 9:12 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Thanks, had another bad day again today but trying to work within my rules. I'm still confused as to what the nut thinks she's doing, but I have to follow the program.

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views