I almost DIED!!!

Bella_Fein
on 11/27/12 9:29 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Dramatic much? Probably.

Ladies, I tried to shave my legs. I thought I was going to pass out! Seriously! I stopped for a second and everything was dark and I could only see spots for a minute. I think I was holding my breathe the whole time. Well, I don't think I was holding it; I just couldn't breathe! Another reason to add to my list of things I look forward to being able to do!!!

Thursday is my official weigh in with my doctor. All I need after that is my psych eval! So ready for this! Come on January!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

pudgypants
on 11/27/12 9:34 am

LMAO....I think you have to be a lady to understand this one too. For some reason, our shower has shrunk over the years (hahaha) and shaving has become an albatross for me too!! I'm feelin ya....January will be here before ya know it!!!

I am going to FIRE LANE BRYANT!!!     

VSG: 12/10/12  HW: 247   SW: 226   CW: 205.6  GW: 150 

Bella_Fein
on 11/27/12 9:42 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Shrunk? I don't think that word is strong enough. I have one of those single person, stand up only showers. It's tiny! If I got any bigger I wouldn't fit in it! I would have to use the shampoo to slide my way in and out!

MomofMarch
on 11/27/12 9:42 am - GA

HAHA I imagine myself looking like a wad of bubble gum on the side of the tub when I try to shave my legs. I don't know how my husband has lived through that nightmare. haha

sheranfour
on 11/27/12 9:49 am

I'm not laughing at YOU...but at me and how I can SOOOO relate!!!!!

Before VSG...I hated my shower!!! It felt like a gym workout when I was done!! I would sweat more AFTER the shower than before!! Shaving legs? Well lets just say my ankles were always nice and hair free...above that...yeah...right.

But let me tell you...NOW...IT"S A JOY!!! I look forward to showers and I won't give TMI, but I'm cleaner than ever!!

I smell a NSV for you after your VSG!!!!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Bella_Fein
on 11/27/12 9:53 am, edited 11/27/12 9:54 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Ooooohhhh, I understand

The knee is as far as I go these days. I will be loud and proud about that NSV for sure!

Julie L.
on 11/27/12 11:16 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

I can't clip my toe nails :(

Bella_Fein
on 11/27/12 11:39 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Oh yes! I have a friend at work that is always on me about my toes not being kept up. I can't afford to go to the salon every week and I sure can't keep it up myself. Though I do rock at painting/decorating nails! I look forward to that as well!

karismommy231
on 11/27/12 11:39 am
VSG on 11/05/12

thx for sharing! Had a laugh because it also reminded me of when i tried to shave my legs POST OP 4 days out....and almost passed out from the pain! Whatever you do wait to shave your legs after surgery for at least 2 weeks! I know it will look like Cousin IT is sprouting from your legs but it is not worth the pain! And then once you finally do its like breathing a sigh of less itchy relief. :D

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Bella_Fein
on 11/27/12 11:45 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I bet! I plan to shave them right before heading off to the hospital. Mostly to not embarrass myself while pantless in the OR. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a full body wax. I wonder if they charge extra for greater body mass. lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views