X post Exercise and the Gym

CatahoulaLover
on 11/30/12 3:05 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12

So since I haven't been walking as much lately I decided to bite the bullet and go to the gym. Vision Quest has a special going on where it's $16 a month so I was like ok I can afford that. So I went in last night and did their weighing  and measuring and paid my fees, got suckered into the personal trainer package which I figure it can't hurt for the next 14 weeks. My body fat according to their little machine is 50% body fat. They recorded my weight as 350 but I was clothed and had shoes on and keys in pocket and phone and my scale at home when I'm in my bday suit says 344 so I'm sticking with my scale thank you!

Stupid scale.

Anyway they started in on my nutrition. Now I explained look I've had sleeve surgery, I've lost over 100lbs and I need to keep losing and I want to work out so I keep the scale going down. But I'm not upping my calories. Unless I am falling over cause I can't keep going on my own I'm not changing my diet. Too bad so sad. They did the whole, "you need to eat 1200 and up your carbs". NO I don't. I eat my 600-800 calories and under 40 carbs and no I'm not going to change that just because you are stuck in an archaic old school views on calories. And I wanted to strangle him when he wanted me to eat pasta. LOL No way man!

Anyway Monday is my first appointment for the trainer. I met him briefly when I signed up but I was there for almost an hour and a half while they did all the prelim stuff and by the end of the evening I had to go cause my boys needed to be picked up.  At least this way I don't have an excuse not to work out but I have to say this gym is so chaotic and loud that I don't like it much and of course the treadmills are all downstairs in the chaos and none are upstairs in the quiet.  Still it's cheap and I need to get some strength training in so I can build some muscle and burn more fat.

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/12 4:49 am

Good for you!

1. Getting to the gym. It's a big commitment and one that will get you to the healthy you you are trying to be. It was really hard for me at first, but now I really love the gym. I love that I have become pretty fit and can sustain prolonged exercise. When I started I couldn't do much of anything!

2. Sticking to your guns about the diet and eating. I, like you, refused to let these kids try to dictate to me. The are PTs not RDs for crying out loud! I never upped my calories or carbs and guess what? I NEVER keeled over in a dead heap at the gym or afterwards. What I did do was up my protein before and after my workout. That really did help!

You've done so well and I know you will continue to do just great! Congrats on this new step in your journey!!!!!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/30/12 5:30 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Good job!!! I love my gym. It smells good like a spa, all Eukaliptusy and fresh, the towels are nice and fluffy and soft, great showers and soap and shampoo and all. For the pool they give you bath robes and slippers...very cool. But I hate driving there. I wish I could be transported there by some magical beam or something. Invariably when I get there I am happy so I keep reminding myself of that. Good luck and stick to your guns!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Auveca
on 11/30/12 5:44 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

What gym is that...I want to go there...

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/30/12 6:03 am
VSG on 10/09/12
LOL, you are most welcome. But its in Geneva, Switzerland... Right by the airport though, so you could go there straight off the plane! Its in a five star hotel so has all these hotel perks and is open from 6 am to 10 pm every day which is really convenient. Everything closes at 5 pm in Geneva!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Auveca
on 11/30/12 6:12 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

My Aunt has a lake house on the french side of the lake.  We were going to take the girls there this summer or next...I will have to look you up.  Also have a cousin who lives in Geneva.  Hehe.  Small world.  Sounds awesome, wish I was there now!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/30/12 6:23 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Definitely let me know when you will be here and I will get you a free gym pass and then we can have a protein shake or share a something!! It is a very small world indeed. Maybe I know your cousin?

ParisGirl
on 11/30/12 7:18 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Wow!  That gym sounds amazing.  Next Europe trip was going to be Austria/Germany, but may change my mind now. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/12 11:07 am
VSG on 06/04/12

I do Vision Quest in Canyon Park and also have the trainer package. So far it's been good and I'm signed up for the January Biggest Loser series so you get all the Saturday Boot Camps for free.  I'm just glad that it's a gym where I feel comfortable in my workout clothing as there are all sizes and ages there  I also got the whole nutrition thing but to get them off my back I lied and said I was around 1200 calories and 120 carbs. I also said that I had my own nutritionist so they won't bring it up again.  Its a pretty basic gym but I'm happy with how close it is to home and I have been using it so that's a good thing!

CatahoulaLover
on 12/1/12 1:57 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12
I watched a bootcamp class when I was there. I can't do any of those exercises so that would be a waste for me at this point.

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views