More critical of my body at 159 than when I was 230

Angel1974
on 12/4/12 11:08 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

I don't know if this only happening to me.  I am very proud of the progress I have made in 6 months.  Losing 71 pounds is not easy and I am very, very happy with what I have done so far.  HOWEVER, I find myself being more critical of my body now.  The little rolls bother me more than  my michelin tires of the past, I was ok with them.  I don’t like how soft my back is, or the pouch on my lower tummy, or the way my breasts are now droopy.  It takes me longer now to get dress in the morning because I look for clothes that sort of hide those little problems I don’t like.

How come I didn’t give a crap about this before?  Is this just me or anybody else’s feel the same way?

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

Jennifer H.
on 12/4/12 11:26 pm - TX
VSG on 01/17/12

There are days that I completely understand what you're saying. There are times I look at myself and wonder how this could be a visual improvement over the "old" me. The truth is I just didn't care enough about myself to acknowledge what I truly looked like. In my mind I was a sexy beast(lol) so seeing this wrinkly reality is tough sometimes...sliding on a pair of slim fit 10's always helps my feelings a bit. It's the criticisms we put on ourselves that create this negative voice. My solution/suggestion, is a really good push up bra, a Kymaro body shaper and butt lifting undies. I wear all of them every day and when I finish getting dressed, I finally feel like I can see accomplishment in my clothes. Give some shape wear a try.

faylavi
on 12/4/12 11:35 pm - Laurel, MD

You are not alone. Right now my mind/eyes feel like the enemy. I often dont like what I see. I dont know what the answer is but I wanted you to know its normal.

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

ladyellena
on 12/5/12 2:39 am - TX

I know exactly how you feel.  There are times when I look at myself in the mirror and I am so happy that I've lost most of the weight and I'm within about 15 lbs of my goal weight, and other times when I look at these flabby looking, little rolls on my belly and I just hate it.  I have these saddle bags above my butt too and I think it looks awful.  What helps me is I have a picture of me on my vanity mirror that was taken when I was at my highest weight and I look at myself now and it puts things back into perspective.  I have lost 72 lbs!  Yes, most of the flabby skin is in my middle but I am in a size 10 now and I have to give myself credit for this long road to a healthy weight.  I know that upping my exercise is going to help with the droopy skin and the small rolls and it's a work in progress.  Don't get down on yourself when you've come this far!  You've done an amazing job!  We are all our worst critics when it comes to how we look and I guarantee no one sees you the way you do.  I'm sure your friends and co-workers think you look awesome and don't even notice the little imperfections that you are noticing now.  You are critical because you can see your goal within your grasp now and you probably didn't see it before you began this journey.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  Like Jennifer H said, a good bra and some form shaping undergarments will help you out until you get there. :)

ladyellena

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views