Did my gastric x-ray pre-op test today.

shrinking_sarah
on 12/4/12 10:49 am - CA

So--do the protein shakes taste better than the barium stuff they make you drink for that?  Because while I certainly didn't care for that, it wasn't the worst thing I've ever tasted.  I kind of thought, "well, if I can drink this stuff, I can handle whatever." devil

Elbie
on 12/4/12 11:14 am

Protein drinks are WAY better than that barium crud they give you. Try different types / brands to find out what you like the best.

LNC62
on 12/4/12 1:26 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

I have mine next week.  It's in the morning and I plan to go back to work after it.  Are there any after effects from the barium?  Like bathroom issues, if you know what I mean?

shrinking_sarah
on 12/5/12 12:49 am - CA

Yes, my poo was white (! at least they warned me!) and I needed to go in the afternoon (not loose, actually I felt a little constipated, sorry for the tmi but you asked!).  I'm usually VERY regular (I freaking wake up on the weekends b/c I need to go), but I had bms a few times yesterday (again, not lose, just more frequent).  Because I felt constipated I seriously ate an entire bag of frozen broccoli last night.  This morning after waking up at my usual time for the bathroom I feel back to normal, lol!

I have a friend who lost 80 lbs on WW about 10 years ago, and she said now that she eats less she doesn't poo every day.  I kind of wonder what will happen in that regard after the operation, haha!

Sleeveless
on 12/4/12 4:14 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Your stools will look a little paler (sorry for the grossness), but you shouldn't have any trouble passing the barium.

LNC62
on 12/5/12 2:30 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Thanks, I just don't want to be running to the bathroom every 5 minites.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views