Uncharted Waters!

Cinderella50
on 12/5/12 5:44 am - NY
VSG on 08/29/12

Went to buy a new shirt or two since my smallest ones in my closet are a little loose. The plus size department has been my stomping ground for MANY years, but today the smallest size in that department was falling off my shoulder. Fit good around my middle (where most of my weight is) but my bra strap was peeking out and I didn't want to spend the money with that problem. I stood in the dressing room trying to figure out if I could do something to make it work, then thought, maybe they have one on the other side, in an XL.

DO I DARE??

Well, I mustered up enough courage to go over there and try one on in a regular XL. It fit perfect!

I can't believe it, I'm very excited! I haven't shopped in a NON_PLUS size store or department for myself since 1995. It's a whole new world!

shrinking_sarah
on 12/5/12 5:48 am - CA

Awesome!  I cannot wait to join you there!

Terrimarv
on 12/5/12 5:50 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
Good for you! Be sure to take a picture. Only this group of people can comprehend just how big a victory that is--thanks for providing motivation to those of us who trail you in this process!
econtiff
on 12/5/12 5:51 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12

Yay congrats!

Christine Heusinger
on 12/5/12 6:15 am - GA

I do understand how exciting that is! Can't wait to be there myself!! (my surgery is tomorrow)!!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Rita M.
on 12/5/12 7:46 am - Webster, MA

Good luck Christine on your surgery. See you on the losers bench soon.

Hugs,

Rita

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views