People falling back into old habits

acbbrown
on 12/8/12 7:44 am - Granada Hills, CA

My surgeon had no real diet plan (unless you count the food pyramid) so I was basically on my own but I turned out alright ;)  It really comes down to the tools and the fight...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Bella_Fein
on 12/8/12 8:20 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I think a big problem in my town is there doesn't appear to be a real food plan post op. I will see when I have my pre-op appointment, but it appears from speaking to people, that all you are told is eat protein and cut out junk. Sounds good, but too many people don't really know what that means to an extent. This forums has been so helpful and has made me confident. Because of speaking to all of you guys, I know what I need to do to succeed.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Bella_Fein
on 12/8/12 8:28 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Thank you all for responding.

I want to add that I do not look as these people as failures, that they are below me or that this could never be me. FAR from that! That could happen to me! It's terrifying to think! I am not above anyone and I could fail as well, but I will try my damnedest and hope I do not go out without a fight!

I understand how easy it is to fall back into those old routines. I understand we all have our struggles and 99.9999999% of us have mental issues behind our weight. Without correcting that we can already be doomed to fail. There doesn't seem to be much education for patients in my neck of the woods. Well, it is there if you seek it out. Some don't know they need to seek it out. Some don't know how or what kind of help to look or ask for. I like the counselor I saw for my psych eval, I may continue to see him after surgery or find another, but I know I should see one. There has been no mention of seeing a nutritionist from my surgeons office. I will need to find out if there is a good one in my area and see if my insurance will cover it. I would like to visit with one. I am glad everyone here is so free with their knowledge though. It is very helpful!

You guys rock!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LondonVSG
on 12/8/12 9:56 am - MI

Maybe you can have a casual talk with your friends and find out what's going on in their lives. I'm a failure and I say that because I had the sleeve I've lost 20-25lbs which isn't very much and I've been in a stall for 21 months now. I've tried what I thought was everything. Colon Hydrotherapy, prescription and non prescription diet pills, laxatives, starving, dehydration, exercise 4-6 days a week plus alternative workout classes, personal trainers and walking and guess what? NO MORE WEIGHT LOSS! I'm impulsive with my thinking and actions so I have to keep someone close to me at all times because I don't trust myself. I say talk to your friends you never know that one talk may make a difference.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views