Ask Ruggie

ruggie
on 12/10/12 9:22 am - Sacramento, CA

Food.

Because. (And it's true)

Yes.

Because wet, breathing things sometimes make noises.  Also, your dog might need to lose weight, or could benefit from a more humid environment.  Do they make Doggie Breathe-Right strips?  

Crabadams72
on 12/10/12 7:55 am - Silver Spring, MD
How come I don't lose weight when I eat donuts, pizza and cupcakes all day?

I thought this sleeve thing would work.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

ruggie
on 12/10/12 9:23 am - Sacramento, CA

Ah, that's the recipe for weight gain, not weight loss.  You've almost got it!  wink

frisco
on 12/10/12 7:55 am

OK..... Serious.... cause I think this would be a great benefit for the noobs and even advanced......

- I think one of the most miss used words on this forum is "Stall"........ What's the difference between the 3 week stall and a stall for 3 months......

- What was the secret or one thing that you think was huge that got you to goal ?

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ruggie
on 12/10/12 9:27 am - Sacramento, CA

1)  My opinion - and I know others will disagree - is that the stall that occurs at three weeks is normal and biochemically expected, as gene expression undergoes significant changes during this time, as your body adjusts from a fat-storing state to a fat-burning state.  However, being actually stalled for a three-month period - I would just call that entering maintenance.  You don't 'stall' for three months; if you're the same weight for three months you're maintaining.  You hit your equilibrium.  To move forward, you gotta change it up.

2)  My secret that was huge to getting to goal?  Why Frisco, you're so humble.  It was your advice!  Undereat your sleeve.  I still do that.  I measure out my food, and don't use restriction as a sign to stop eating.  Oh sure, every now and then it'll happy in a restaurant or something, but for the majority of meals (eating at home and at work), all my stuff is measured out just like it was during weight loss.  That, and working with a surgeon and doctor's office that works hard to educate and support their patients.

frisco
on 12/10/12 1:06 pm

I wasn't fishin for that..... but, I can see that......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/12 7:57 am, edited 12/10/12 7:57 am

Should I increase my ice cream consumption in light of the upcoming  Apocalypse?  I am thinking of adding some See's candies to my diet seeing as how there is bound to be a huge run on them when the end is near.  What do you think?

O, come on, you know, you just know you miss us.  :)

sleevegirl
on 12/10/12 8:03 am - Austin, TX

Hey... why the hell am I logging... the most I could gain is 10 pounds and we're all going to die in 12 days anyway... you have a point. Where's the bon bons, dammit?

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ruggie
on 12/10/12 9:28 am - Sacramento, CA

First, most dentists and meteorologists agree that there's only a 20% chance of the Apocalyse actually occuring.

Second, I think you'll be safe with See's as most people will still be focused on tracking down that last Twinkie.

Third, of course I miss you  :)

nanarama
on 12/10/12 12:06 pm - PA
VSG on 07/09/12

Mini hijack to add .... I've been saying that for weeks.  I will be so PISSED if the world ends and I could have been eating chips and cookies!! 

Feb 2012:  270
                   Day of surgery:  250.5

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 434 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views