I have to admit this & you may hate me lol

Britt_Bearpaw
on 12/13/12 10:33 am

So I have been thinking alot about how easy this journey has seemed to be. Sure, there have been some small struggles along the way-eating solids too soon equals ouchies ect ect. But, even with little effort this sleeve has been kinda magical. In fact-About 3 times a week every night I eat a skinny cow strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwich. I have since 2 months out. I wanted to add in something most days so I didn't feel deprived or resentful as sweets were my best friend. The great thing is-I still have lost 160 pounds. I don't seem to be carb sensitive thankfully, and this journey has seemed so easy. It blows my mind. I walk 2-3 days a week. Nothing crazy yet. I eat my protein first, I don't eat bread, pasta, or rice-but I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. It's like I got my cake and can eat it too, you know what I mean? I weighed in today at 306. I started at 460. I am just 7 pounds away from starting with a 2 and it feels like I haven't even begun to put forth my best effort. Now, I don't take it for granted. I don't shove cakes and crap into my mouth all day long. I stick to my plan, except 3 or so nights a week I enjoy a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. And I am satisfied with it. It doesn't make me want more. I feel like a normal person that finally has control over eating, instead of it controlling me. Just a lil reflection....

cece58
on 12/13/12 11:06 am - CA

I don't hate you but I feel sorry for you. At 300+ pounds you are still morbidly obese and you are still rewarding yourself with food. The first 8 months after surgery is the time to take advantage of this great tool. As your stomach heals and settles down, you will find that you can easily eat more and that you get an appetite (hunger) back. Probably not as much as before surgery, but it does come back. I would strongly suggest that you stick with a solid plan that doesn't include food rewards until you have reached your ultimate goal. Try rewarding yourself with something other than food. If you don't change your attitude about food and eating healthy, unfortunately you are doomed to failure. 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

acbbrown
on 12/13/12 12:33 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Did I miss something- I do not see in her post where she said she is rewarding herself with food?? She said she worked it into her plan. This was really uncalled for in my opinion. This lady is amazing with what she has done and perhaps we should applaud her for ability to exhibit self control and actually eat a single skinny cow - god knows I couldn't do that. 

There is no "one way" to lose weight - you have your opinion, and you are entitled to that but your approach here is not productive. You would die to know how much bread and donuts I ate along my WL journey...but I still lost weight...doesnt make me right or wrong - just means I took a different path.

Dont judge until you walk a day in someone's shoes and dont base your pity on a singe post. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

HEATHER H.
on 12/14/12 12:49 am - SC
VSG on 08/07/12

A-f*cking-Men...I love you, Alison. That is all. angry

Highest Weight: 270   Pre-Op Weight 267    Day of Surgery: 254.5   Current: 154             Month 1: -20lbs , Month 2 -16lbs, Month 3 -15lbs Month 4 - 10lbs, Month 5 - 11lbs;  month 6 - 9lbs; month 7 - 6lbs; month 8 - 4lbs; month 9 - 5lbs; month 10 - 1lb

tripmom02
on 12/14/12 3:45 am - NJ

Seriously, lets just move to a state where its legal and get married already. I  you!

Thanks for always saying what's on my mind, and in a much nicer way then I would.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

happyteacher
on 12/14/12 7:02 am

I am with AC on this- the OP is doing well and what she is doing is working for her.  Can't fault her for that!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ShootForTheMoon
on 12/13/12 11:23 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

160 lbs lost is phenomenal!! Congratulations! I just recently got back into the 200s and it's a great feeling. Looks like you'll be joining me soon. :)

Height: 5'8

Britt_Bearpaw
on 12/13/12 11:44 am

thanks hun! and congrats to you too!

Britt_Bearpaw
on 12/13/12 11:37 am, edited 12/13/12 11:38 am

Actually I am 10 months out and still have excellent restriction dear. I get about 800 calories a day and other days never more than 1,000. I always fit this into my food plan for the day so even when I do eat it, it doesn't bring me over my allotted amount of calories. I don't use it as a way to celebrate or as a reward either. I eat it because I love them lol I eat it because I enjoy the taste. And that is why I had this surgery-to be able to control myself yet still eat like a normal person. Normal healthy happy people enjoy an ice cream sandwich every once in a while and are able to control themselves without binging. normal people can enjoy life and any food but yet they learn how to listen to their bodies and know when they are done. I didn't have this surgery to be on a "diet" and eat meat and cheese and veggies forever, no that's not me. I chose this surgery to give me a tool to help me learn when I have had enough food. To be normal and happy. The happiest part is, I learned to listen to my body and I have full control over the eating. It is amazing when you learn to balance everything and still never be deprived of anything. I lose steadily and am quite proud of myself. This sleeve sure can teach you how to live, and to live happily.

acbbrown
on 12/13/12 12:35 pm - Granada Hills, CA

You are a better person than I am to even type out that response. But for heaven's sake - can you jump on the hardcor deprivation plan already, dont want you to fail at this!! (insert sarcasm). 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views