Need encouragement to exercise

Elaine N.
on 12/21/12 11:12 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12

So I'm just past 6 months and have lost about 75 lbs.  I've not been doing very well at exercising and I'm really noticing lots of flabby skin, especially my thighs.  Can someone tell me how much exercise helped with this and give me that spark I need to entice me to do what I know I need to do?  

God will turn our weakness into strength.
cece58
on 12/21/12 11:59 am - CA

It's difficult to say if the exercise will help with the flab. Loose skin is hard to get rid of without plastic surgery. You can build up muscle to fill in the space but that is difficult to do as well. HOWEVER, exercise is very important and once you get a routine going you will feel so much better.  Exercise will make you happier because it releases hormones that make you feel good. After a couple of weeks you will feel  a difference. If it is hard to walk because of flabby legs, wear some tight exercise shorts or pants.  Unfortunately, flab is part of what you get when you loose a lot of weight.  

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

time4me2now
on 12/21/12 11:21 pm
VSG on 05/24/12

I gave myself a reward for reaching Onederland -- private Pilates classes.  It has been transforming!  Their motto is “In 10 classes you will feel the difference, In 20 classes you will see the difference, and in 30 classes you will have a whole new body.”  I love the long and lean way it makes me feel, and the toning helps me feel a bit of a body lift.  In the long run, plastics are the best solution.  But until I reach goal and wait two years to see how my skin adjusts, this helps me feel better about my body.

HW 266  SW 243  CW 161  

LeighAnne89
on 12/22/12 1:28 am - KY

I am more or less in the same boat I am almost 5 months out and down 88 pounds I exercise but not like I should most days I feel like I need a little extra push which I have a couple friends on facebook that have recently had VSG so we try to push each other. I really want to start running but because of a couple different health conditions it is going to take a little work but I know I will get there in time.

ruggie
on 12/22/12 8:13 am - Sacramento, CA

No exercise will help with loose skin, period.  That's plastic surgery.

Is this motivation for exercise?  It actually works for me:  exercise regularly so you'll live longer in your new body.  What's the point of going through all this to die young?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views