just thankful

Tia T.
on 12/23/12 3:28 pm
I am so thankful for this website and all of you!
Happy Holidays in whatever fashion you celebrate them!
As a pre-op'er, all I can think about is how different I will be next christmas.

So, when it comes to your surgery, sleeve, weight-loss or OT...what are you thankful for? (Pics are always loved!)
                                Looking for my inner peace

SuzyNZ
on 12/23/12 7:33 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Im thankful that I didn't look so fat in the family fun video that we shot this afternoon. It's summer here in New Zealand, so we were playing around in the backyard and my mother was shooting video. I still have a way to go, but I didn't hate the footage of me like I would have a few months ago.

My latest pics, down 98lbs as of saturday morning, are in my profile. I can't upload them from my iPad

http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/829674/The-journey/image-jpg/#photo

Its now 12.32am, so officially Merry Christmas Day from NZ!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

jewel-twin
on 12/23/12 7:53 pm - Canada

Awww Happy holidays to you as well.

I am thankful for my beautiful family.  My 11 year old daughter and my 8 year old son are the lights of my life and although at times they make me pull my hair out and wonder why I ever thought being a parent would be fun..... I adore the little whippershnappers!! 

I am thankful for my Husband.  He has always got my back, yes we DO have problems but when it comes down to it we have a world of love and I always know he is here for me.

I am thankful for my twin sister... I HONESTLY don't know how ANYONE can live one day in this world without a twin??? How do you all do it?  She is my everything...I run EVERYTHING by her.  she is my sounding board, my shopping partner, she will come to my aid any time of day or night to rescue me if needed.... she really is my soulmate in the truest sense of the word!!

I am thankful for this board and all of you...I KNOW this surgery works, I KNOW this journey is so worth it...because of all of you!  I am so proud of every single person on here!  Your journeys are uplifting and inspirational even if that is not your intent...even if you are posting about how poorly you just did, or how you HATE doing this...its all so real, so alive....so normal. this is stuff you can't get at a dr.s office.... and for that I am supremely greatful.

Happy holdiays whatever you celebrate!  Each person is so very special to me.... and I hope a new year of GREAT amanzing things for each of you and the love you all deserve.

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Cherlynn
on 12/23/12 11:43 pm

Wow Jewel-Twin, you said it all!  I'm not a twin but I know what a close special bond there is, it's like no other.

I am Thankful for my amazingly supportive family especially my husband, we have been married for nearly 30 years and he is my everything.   

I am Thankful I had changed surgeons and my primary care physician during the 6 month NUT classes when I found a much more extremely experienced surgeon and supportive PCP.  Best decision I ever made!

I am Thankful that for the first time in a very long time, I am losing weight and over the Holidays at that!!

I am Thankful that I have learned to enjoy using the treadmill and I don't ache like I once did when using it.

I am Thankful I have had no issues with my sleeve, I haven't found anything yet that I cannot tolerate.

I am Thankful for my food bill, it's so much less now. 

I am Thankful for OH where I gain inspiration, knowledge, entertainment, (yes, some of you crack me up), and most of all SUPPORT.  I cannot imagine what it would be like without you all.

Have a very Happy Holiday Everyone!!

Surgery 11/7/2012: Height; 5' 4"; HW 245; SW 229;  CW 165

My goal is to just feel better and have the energy to be more active.  I love this tool!

abrown8434
on 12/24/12 12:57 am - VA

Wow, as I ponder my answer, it makes me tear up. I am so happy to be a survivor! WLS has become so common that many of us take for granted the blessing of waking up from surgery, being complication free (or surviving the ones you had) and enjoying a new life--for many of us disease and medication free.

We can do things now that some of us, myself included, have never physically been able to do. We have a new hope, a new life that money cannot buy. It does not matter how far you are in your journey--you are a success and on the winning side. We must never forget that every thing we put in our mouth every second of the day will determine if our wonderful tool is just that or one more tactic that we failed. (P.S.: Failure is not an option because a bariatric altered body cannot withstand the extreme weight losses and gains like a non surgical body can. The host of heath problems, nutritional deficiencies of other side effects of complete weight regain are just not worth it. DON'T DO IT; Get back on track if you're off!) 

We must never forget the gift of life we have received; I personally consider it a miracle. Let us also not forget the thousands that die every year waiting for this surgery or simply because their time ran out.

So today, Christmas and every day I thank God I am alive and that time did not run out. :o)

Seasons' Greetings,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views