I am an asshole

edelu
on 12/31/12 4:22 am - los angeles, CA

Thank you Mom in a thread where being an asshole is being celebrated as is ignorance.  Being wrong and being an asshole, WooHoo!

lotusgyrl
on 12/31/12 5:24 am - Canada
Thank you very much Mom4Jazz. I have really found this board helpful and enjoyed the information so freely given. But found the post that you are referring to here less than palatable. Not sure why some people find it necessary to be rude. I am new to the vegan life so I wish to carry it on into my future and wanted to see if anyone out there has been successful with it on the sleeve. We all know white flour and potatoes and junk food are fattening. And did you know that sugar actually isn't vegan? They use animal parts to process it. Learn something new every day eh? Thanks again!
Nancybefree
on 12/30/12 8:39 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

bigred_z , you have my permission to smack me upside the head if/when I start posting things here which make it look like I am wavering from my weight loss plan or fooling myself into thinking I can take up old food habits just because I now have a tiny stomach.  Absolutely I need to take responsibility for how I got here and why, for what I did to myself with food and delusions.  We all should do that, IMVHO.

I look at this forum like my support-group-away-from-support-group.  Hopefully in both places I will receive calm, direct-but-firm constructive criticism if I reference behaviors which will set me back from my goal of shedding co-morbidities and reaching a healthy weight and size.  None of us should go through all of this preop and postop just to pretend that our sleeves have magical powers to convert any garbage food we eat, in any quantity, into nutritious little morsels of fuel.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Greg M.
on 12/30/12 10:13 pm - Cincinnati, OH

You're crude too.  Congratulations!

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

happyteacher
on 12/30/12 10:35 pm

Ya know, posts like this irritate me.  I completely relate to some people needing a strict regimen, or a low carb  approach, or an exercise to you drop strategy, or a go to every support group available approach.... I get all that.  We each have our own journey and our paths are not going to be uniform in getting us there.  But IMHO that is not what this post is about.  This is a very self=righteous post  intended to garner attention.  There is a big difference between dealing with the facts of a situation and communicating them out- that does not make one an a-hole.  This poster, on the other hand, is all about inflammatory remarks and as mom5jazz pointed out in an earlier post the intent was not to be helpful, but in my opinion rather incite.  Trying to hide that behind a veil of self-righteousness is transparent.  

To the OP.  Your stern outlook may be what you need.  Then again, it got you into this mess in the first place.  Somewhere you will find your path and hopefully be one to reach 100% EWL.  As far as your nursing career, I too spent well over a decade working in a VA hospital.  I encourage you to work on your empathy skills, because at the end of the day you are treating people and they deserve the respect and care for more than just their physical ailments, ESPECIALLY IN A VETERANS HOSPITAL!!!! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

moonglo82
on 12/30/12 11:48 pm
VSG on 03/29/12

This.  Exactly.

There's a big difference between "tough love"/ telling it like it is when necessary to HELP people and just plain going out of one's way to be rude and then post an entire thread dedicated to glorifying that rudeness.  I didn't post this last night because I was tired and thought maybe I was missing something, but now here I am this morning still wondering what the purpose behind this thread could have possibly been other than attempted justification of meanness? 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

texasrigdiver
on 12/31/12 12:14 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

No, not justification for meanness, frustration at stupidity. Do you know what the definition of confusion is? its the feeling a normal person gets while their body over rides the natural urge to choke the **** out of an idiot that needs it.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

moonglo82
on 12/31/12 12:19 am
VSG on 03/29/12

But not all of her posts meet the description you bring up in your response to Happy below.  I agree that it can be very annoying to see three or four posts back to back over the exact same topic because people don't bother to read the boards before posting, but some of her comments have just been blatantly unnecessary.  Her original post in the vegan thread was not even on topic... it was basically a slight at the OP'er because that person managed to become obese while following a lifestyle that does not produce "fatness" as a stereotype... therefore a rude question needed to be asked?  And this thread was basically a direct response to the discussion that sparked from THAT thread... so yes, she is trying to justify her meanness, glorify it even.

Like I said, there's a difference in tough love as needed and just being snarky for the fun of it.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

edelu
on 12/31/12 4:26 am - los angeles, CA

And who decides who is stupid and who is simply seeking wisdom?  You?  Choking the **** out of an idiot who needs it?  I know I've heard this in every domestic violence situation I've ever encountered.  Good one! 

texasrigdiver
on 12/31/12 6:33 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

edelu, are you serious with that comment, your accusing me of being a wife beater?

Looks like your a big part of the asshole club too, I guess it isn't so exclusive, take your meds and come on...

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views