Cleaning out my full walk-in closet!

GettingFitBy40
on 1/5/13 3:21 am - Antioch, CA
New Year, time to clean out the house!

Even though I am waiting for my surgery date (which is all dependent on me having to lose 15-20 pounds to get to 230 as per my surgeon), I have begun clearing out my huge walk-in closet and giving to the clothes away to my husband's aunts! Now majority of my clothes are big, stretchy lounge clothes because I get to work from home. But I did have a lot of nice stuff still with tags and they probably think I am nuts! I told them that it doesn't fit me anymore and I planned to return it but I lost the receipt! Small fib! The aunts are in heaven to be getting all of stuff but they don't know why this is really all happening! And I gave them my shoes too because I know my feet will shrink as well! All of my smaller shoes that my feet got too fat for, I just gave them to my cleaning lady for her teen daughter and she was thrilled to death! I gave all of my maternity clothes to her other daughter who was my size that is pregnant!

I feel like I am doing the right thing for myself to keep the motivation as well helping others out who cannot afford to go out and buy all these clothes! I have been dreaming of a closet full of smaller, non stretchy clothes! Once I get to goal someday, I refuse to buy any clothes with spandex except workout clothes where it's necessary to stretch!

I also can't wait for people to be able to buy me clothes as gifts again instead of scarves and mittens or worst yet, gift cards to Lane Bryant, Torrid or Old Navy ( for their plus sizes)! Especially my husband! I think it's awesome when a hubby buys a wife clothes and lingerie! Headstone get a kickback too ya know!

Happy New Year to all!

Jennifer

HRW : 268 | CW: 260 | SW: needs to be 230 or less | GW: 135 | VSG in 2013!

GettingFitBy40
on 1/5/13 4:11 am - Antioch, CA
That is supposed to say: "He should" get a kickback too ya know!

Jennifer

HRW : 268 | CW: 260 | SW: needs to be 230 or less | GW: 135 | VSG in 2013!

Spencerella
on 1/5/13 4:45 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12
Great way to spend time post-op! Good for you.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Minemake14
on 1/5/13 5:28 am

You know, I was thinking about emptying out some stuff from my closet/dresser that I hope will never fit me again- spring tee shirts and shorts since I am having surgery late Jan/early Feb.......but then I got scared off that project- I do regret about 6 months ago before I even considered surgery I dumped a bunch of 2 size smaller clothes thinking I was never gonna fit them again!!! Damn! But good for you being proactive

newyear_newme2013
on 1/5/13 9:39 am
I think what you are doing is wonderful! I wish I had clothes to give away. I don't find much I like on myself so have a very small selection I work with . I'm right there with you on the stretchy clothes! Can't wait to wear jeans again, don't think I have owned a pair in over 15 years.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views