Newbie Here http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/clown.gif

Marlo_S
on 1/1/13 3:31 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/06/13

Happy New Year Everyone!

I have been lurking around this wonderful site for a few months and I finally decided to take the plunge and introduce myself :)

I have been in a battle with my weight for the past 13 years and my health is slowly deteriorating. I am only 35 years old and it is a struggle to do something as simple as taking a walk because I get out of breath and/or my knees can't handle the stress from my weight. I have high cholesterol, tachycardia, and a family history of heart disease (lost both my parents to heart issues) and I am at the point where I don't want things to get worse and that is why I decided to begin this journey. 

After doing some research (and reading these boards) I decided that the sleeve was the best route to go. My surgery is scheduled for February 6th and although I am scared I am hoping that the sleeve will be the right tool for me to get my life back on track. I am truly tired of living a restricted life due to obesity.

As for my personal life, I live in New Joisey with my husband , 2 kiddies, and my silly dog Maggie. I grew up in NJ but recently moved back here from Raleigh, NC where I lived for 4 years. Oh! and my name is Marlo.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! This is such a wonderful (and inspiring) group. 

Surgery Weight - 275 lbs

1st Month - 28 lbs

marlinski on MFP - Friend me! 

Marlo_S
on 1/1/13 11:13 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/06/13

Sorry guys! I thought the clown face would come out in my subject line. Goes to show just how much of a newbie I am :)

Surgery Weight - 275 lbs

1st Month - 28 lbs

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/2/13 12:22 am - TN

Hi Marlo, Happy New Year to you and Welcome!

February 6th is just around the corner! I know I found a lot of information and support on these boards during my losing journey. It's not an easy journey, but it is totally worth it. I can't wait to hear about all of your success.

Best,

Lindsey

shrinking_sarah
on 1/2/13 12:30 am - CA

Hi Mario!  Welcome!

I was just sleeved 12/28 and am feeling pretty good.  If you're curious about what to expect on your date and from recovery, I put my story on my profile.  Obviously everyone's experience is unique, but I know I wanted to read as many of those as possible when I was sitting where you are. :)

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Marlo_S
on 1/2/13 11:40 am - NJ
VSG on 02/06/13

Hi Lindsey! Hi Sarah! 

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes! 

Sarah, it sounds like your surgery went really well! That is fantastic :) :) :) How are you doing with water intake? Your blog is awesome! 

Surgery Weight - 275 lbs

1st Month - 28 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views