Just saying hello and giving newbies a glimpse at VSG 5mos post-op

sleevicidal_maniac
on 1/17/13 2:26 am

I've been lurking, keeping up with my health tracker and blogging privately for a while but I haven't posted. I got caught up in life after Superstorm Sandy trashed our area, work got busy, the holidays and New Year came and went and now school and basketball and.... you get it. 

I'm pleased to say that i went right through Christmas and the New Year without any big setbacks. I still haven't had a single week since surgery that I gained even a single pound. I was down 80lbs as of this morning since my late August surgery. I have all new clothes since I long-since passed the point of any of my so-called "skinny" clothes fitting me. I feel great.

So, I'm a week or so shy of 5 months. I still feel pretty hungry, pretty often but I know it's a result of eating small portions all day long. I still have a difficult time with certain foods. Mostly, soft carbohydrates like bread, white rice and potatoes and some cereals. I know when I need to stop eating now so I seldom eat myself into discomfort anymore and I have pretty much eliminated the foods that don't work entirely - at least I haven't had any recent discoveries.

I've been on and off with my exercise because of my regular life dictating "me" time, but I know that's something I will need to improve as I get closer to goal. I have 32lbs to go. I'm still losing about 2lbs a week but I can see where that's going to get a little harder to maintain without boosting my activity levels, and certainly, increasing my sleep.

My BP is awesome. Other than a multi-vitamin, I only take gall bladder meds and that's just for another 45 days or so then i will be through with meds entirely. I run - yep RUN - up and down the stairs at home and work like a little kid. My knees don't hurt, my back doesn't hurt, I sleep like a baby and I don't snore at all any more. I haven't gotten sick except for a fast cold that swept through my family like a brush fire, and I was the least affected. I'm kind of cold all the time with so much less insulation, but I just put on my regular sized under armor under my regular sized clothes and smile from ear-to-ear.

Except for marrying my wife, this remains the best decision I have ever made. A warm shout out to my forum friends. I have been following your progress too, and I'm proud of all of you for doing so well.

jarabacoagirl
on 1/17/13 2:30 am
VSG on 12/17/12

Excellent to hear you are doing well.  :-)

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/17/13 2:30 am

Wow good for you!!

Elvena
on 1/17/13 2:59 am

That is so awesome for you, keep up the good work!

Rms928
on 1/17/13 3:03 am
VSG on 03/20/13

I am scheduled for my VSG with Dr. Chau on March 20th.  It's good to see one of his patients posting here.  I'm encouraged to see how much you've lost in just 5 months.  I have many, many , many questions I'd like to ask you if you don't mind.  Please message me and I will get back to you.

M1-10 M2-31.4 M3-11 M4-16.8 M5-15 M6-10 M7-14 M8-9

sleevicidal_maniac
on 1/17/13 3:59 am

check your inbox.

deancass2000
on 1/17/13 3:04 am

I'm new here, male 46 yrs old scheduled for VSG 02/20/13. My biggest concern is leaks with the sleeve. Are leaks common and if so are they easy to fix?????

sleevicidal_maniac
on 1/17/13 4:02 am, edited 1/17/13 4:02 am

Unlike many people here, I actually had a few complications, including a leak and bleeding. Read some of my blog posts - I documented everything and send me a private message if you like. I'm more than happy to discuss what went right, wrong and ugly before, during and after my surgery.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/sleevicidal_maniac/blog_pa ge,3/

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/17/13 4:07 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views