I'm trying so hard

Bella_Fein
on 1/18/13 9:29 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Yesterday my husband asked me to bring home Taco Bell for dinner. I resisted. I bought it for him and had a salad with shrimp. Tonight I get home and there's pizza. Great. I love pizza. At least the Taco Bell I brought just enough for him and the kids. There is a whole pizza sitting in my fridge. Of course he ordered more than they would eat. I had another salad. I really love a good salad, but I really love pizza too. I am pre-op and could have it, but why bother? I need to do this. I need to lose weight before surgery. We all know the more we lose the better off we are. It's just there and tempting. It's very frustrating, but I know I have to work on this. This wont be the last time my family has pizza. I wont tell them they can't have it. So, I choose to resist. I can do this.

Stupid *&%$?#@ pizza.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

emelar
on 1/18/13 9:33 am - TX

Sounds like they had their pizza.  Throw the rest of it away.  Start teaching them not to order more than they can eat in one sitting!

Good for you.  Staying strong isn't easy, particularly pre-op.

Bella_Fein
on 1/18/13 9:52 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I would rather just avoid it. I will not give in. With tomorrow being Saturday the kids can eat it for lunch.

Thank you!

AppyGrl
on 1/18/13 9:36 am
VSG on 01/23/13

YOU CAN SOOOOOOOO DO THIS!!!! I too am in pre-op right now and feel like people are trying to sabotage me before I even get started. I was in a situation last weekend that found me at a resturant that in my opinion was too nice for me to take my shake into.  I went to the bathroom and cried.

I am wondering if you can get something in the crock pot for your family before you leave for work so that no one is having you pick up anything. IDK I am trying to think of things for you. When is your surgery?

Remember you can do this!!!!

Bella_Fein
on 1/18/13 9:55 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Awe, honey, that sucks. I would have had to call it a night or not even gone. You are braver than I!!

I really need to start the crock pot thing. There are so many possibilities. My surgery is February 18th.

Dixiebaby
on 1/18/13 10:09 am
Personally, I would have a big old salad and one slice of that pizza. Expecting your family to eat like you need to is not going to happen. They can eat pizza, tacos or whatever and will continue to do so. You need to control YOU. Depriving yourself will make you want it more. Allow yourself a slice, or half a slice, count the calories and adjust the rest of your meals for the day accordingly.

The goal of this whole thing is to learn to use our new tool to eat healthy, control weight and live a more abundant life. Being in constant diet/can't have that mode will fail. It always has or we wouldn't be this big.

New day, new way to eat, new way to live. Be kind to yourself. We don't have to beat ourselves up anymore. We are making a commitment to a better way and we can do it!

Day 5 post-op. Lost 37 pounds pre-surgery. Feeling great! No problems getting fluids and protein down. Not hungry. Not interested in food. So far, it is a breeze. Fingers and toes crossed.
Bella_Fein
on 1/18/13 10:16 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I completely agree! I would never tell my family they can't have certain foods because of me. I know that I can work some foods into my allowance. I wont deprive myself, but I don't need to use that as a reason to eat stuff too often.

Thank you!!

PacificGirl
on 1/18/13 11:42 am

I'm feeling your pain and sending you extra Resolve and Strength, through the air waves, to hang in there.    I'm 12 days away from surgery and doing the same thing as you.  YES, you can do this.  We're all doing this!  And, look at all the great successes people are having.  I'm new here but I look forward to my success helping others make their journey too. 

Good luck...angry

Bella_Fein
on 1/18/13 11:56 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

There are many successful people here that I look up to.

Thank you!

magavik70
on 1/18/13 11:46 am

So with you...  When I was preop, my husband brought home italian one night, pizza another, and chinese yet another.  I'm home two days from the hospital and yesterday he brought home Burger King for the kids and today he brought my teen home some Chinese for lunch.  It's killing me!  Three days post op and I'm feeling actual hunger, and all this deliciously odorous food around, argh!  Not that I could eat it if I wanted to, Jello is hard enough to try and get down.  But I'm sure I'd feel better if they simply ate out or nothing that smelled up the whole house, grrrr

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views