The Queen of office gossip now knows!

Bella_Fein
on 1/19/13 4:23 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I am not trying to hide that I am having surgery. I couldn't care less what others think, but I have no intention of running around and singing it from the rafters either. Don't get me wrong. When I get to maintenance I will. I will sing praises, but not right now. I have a group of girls at work that I love, but one is a big gossip and a bit judgmental. I put off telling her just not to deal with the mess. She was very opinionated towards the last girl that had surgery. Though she is proud of her now. Well, she now knows about my surgery (obviously by my title). We will see how it goes. I told her flat out that if she can't say anything nice about it to keep her mouth shut. She is not the most WLS friendly. She managed to lose and keep off a great deal of weight. There are rumors that she does speed and I'm sure that would help. I know she smokes pot, but who knows. I love her either way. She knows not to say anything to me, but I'm sure by the end of next week the whole office will know. Which is about 400 people.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

PoohHag
on 1/19/13 4:31 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12

Tell her she can suck it!  LOL

You'll have the last laugh as you transform before everyone's eyes and become the healthy happy person you were meant to be!

Bella_Fein
on 1/19/13 4:39 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I told her if she couldn't say anything nice to keep her mouth shut. It was as outspoken as I could be without causing problems and being turned in for compliance. We were at work of course.

Nancybefree
on 1/19/13 7:55 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Attagirl.  She may be the queen of the office gossip, but she's not the queen of YOU.  :)

Chances are a lot of people will notice as you go along your journey anyway.   It's up to you what you share about how you get there. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Bella_Fein
on 1/19/13 8:12 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I'm not worried about people knowing. I just didn't want to hear her crap. A lot of people at my job have had weight loss surgery. A few were successful and many have gained all their weight back or are starting to gain it back. I think a lot of people at my job see that so many people have gained it back, it gives them a bad perception of it. The ones that are successful are forgotten. They are there and look great, but people tend to forgot they had surgery. They all remember the ones that gained back though.

lowbrass03
on 1/19/13 4:34 am - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12
U should recomnend a surprise drug screening to ur HR department :D

PoohHag
on 1/19/13 4:37 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12

LOL  Love it!

Bella_Fein
on 1/19/13 4:41 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Ah well, I think work knows really, but she is good at her job and it doesn't cause problems so I think they let it be.

Pollyanna16
on 1/19/13 7:33 am
VSG on 12/28/12

Hi, I can't deal with these kind of people. I have 1 in my life also. I use the ol Dear Abby advise, when she asks a question I turn it around and say Well why would you care dear?

lala285
on 1/21/13 1:45 am - OK
VSG on 08/06/12

The office rumor mill is going to run no matter where you are. The best thing you can do is focus on your own success. Whether you're successful with or without surgery won't take away the sweet satisfaction of getting to your goal! Good luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views