NSV - The deep veins myth debunked!

smbergie200
on 1/30/13 11:34 pm - Naples, FL

So over the years of my fat existence, whenever I had to give blood I always had to use the stupid butterfly device to draw blood out of my hand. I was told I have deep veins. So in preparation for my upcoming tummy tuck on February 6th I had to give a blood sample today. I told the lady she has to probably use a butterfly. The lady told me she would have a look and see if I had any good veins first. She checks my arm and low and behold she was pleased with the vein she found. Thats a nice one she commented. She stuck me properly on the first try for a painfree and pleasant blood sampling. I also had my blood pressure checked and it was 128/75. Perfect she commented on my numbers.

Its the little things that sometimes bring the biggest smiles to your face. If someone says they have "big bones" or "deep veins" most likely obesity is the culprit. Those two terms have been made popular to make people feel a little better about themselves. *****ally likes to admit to themselves that they are a fat or even worse obese - I know I didn't.

Oh and last but not least - the lady asked about any past surgeries to enter them in the computer. I mentioned bariaric surgery and she asked how much I lost. I shared my weightloss numbers and showed her a picture of my before and after. Wow - she said as she complimented my success. She then commented - I was wondering why a skinny guy like you was getting a tummy tuck. That comment made me feel AWESOME!

The benefits and NSV's from my sleeve continue to grow. I have no regrets and am so happy I was given a second chance at life in a thinner, healthier, and happier body.

P.S. NSV = Non Scale Victory

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

HilaryH8103
on 1/30/13 11:46 pm - WA
Thank you for the P.S because I was wondering.

Keep up the excellent work!!!!

Hilary
Terrimarv
on 1/30/13 11:50 pm - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
The "small" victories really add up to exactly what you described--a second chance at life. I have set up a separate savings account as my "plastic surgery fund" (I'm pretty optimistic, as you can tell), and contribute a designated amount from every paycheck. I'm older than many people here, but I won't miss the opportunity to finally feel comfortable in my long-suffering body. I'm so happy for you that you are moving on to the next step--good luck to you!

PrettyEyes_41
on 1/31/13 12:27 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

Wow what an awesome NSV!! Keep us posted on how the tummy tuck goes - lots of us are curious about it. I just don't think I could ever afford one but don't mine living vicariously through others - LOL!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

louisamay
on 1/31/13 3:53 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Awesome! That's a wonderful NSV, but then you've done the work to get there, haven't you?  Good luck with your plastics!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views