Home from hospital! No complaints!

Jen68
on 1/31/13 8:52 pm
So, I was sleeved Tuesday. I had about 3 hours of misery Tuesday after my surgery and a little nausea and vomitting during my leak test. But other than that...I seriously can't believe how good I feel! I am trying to walk every hour to manage gas and the general stiffness in my stomach and muscles. I am still taking my liquid pain medicine and nausea tablet just to be safe cuz I'm focusing on feeling good enough to walk and ge****er in. The water/broth/jello diet is keeping me full but bored. I will be so excited when I can have a few TBS of cottage cheese or eggs!
My nurses were absolutely wonderful as were the patient care techs! They all humored me and my chattiness while inder the influence of the pain pump. I have absolutely no complaints at all.
No regrets...would do it again. But I will say..this is not easy. It is hard work. There are rules to follow. And to those who say I am cheating or taking the easy way out....wrong. I am proud of my progress so far and that's all that matters!
Down 10.5 pounds since pre-surg diet and down 2 pounds since surgery. (Still a lot of swelling)
I did have a weird dream last night that involved me and pizza. Lol.
Happy Friday!
louisamay
on 1/31/13 10:08 pm
VSG on 04/27/12

Welcome to the loser's bench! We've got lots of room for you because the funny thing is, we keep shrinking which means there is always room for more!

I'm glad you are having such a smooth time!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/13 10:39 pm

Best of luck - thanks for sharing your story.  It's so helpful for those of us still waiting for our surgery date.  This is not cheating this is making a choice to be a healthier you.  It takes courage and commitment and  you should feel proud!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/13 10:51 pm - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

Congrats! I wish you luck on your new journey!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views