Maui sandwich???

Infaith72
on 2/3/13 1:39 pm - AK
Yesterday I ate a Maui "sandwich". It consisted of 2 oz grilled chicken with a little terriaki sauce, a slice of mozzerella cheese, and a slice of pineapple. It was sooo yummy. I did not do the bread. Im hoping this is a good choice.
Any comments???...
Thanks!
frisco
on 2/3/13 1:55 pm

The teriyaki sauce has sugar in it..... and the pineapple slice could be loaded with sugar......

Now.... in the spirit of "Maui"...... you could do.... grilled chicken topped with grilled Maui onions and mozz.......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

SuzyNZ
on 2/3/13 1:58 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
I do similar bunless burger type things all the time. I don't miss the bread at all and you get the great taste of all the ingredients. There is a bit of sugar in the pineapple, so just make sure you track it all and it works within your daily/per meal calorie goals.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/13 2:07 pm

During weight loss, I most likely would not have eaten the sauce or the pineapple.  Both of these things are full of carbs and sugar.  I am not the food police, but on the other hand, you did ask for comments....

Infaith72
on 2/3/13 2:38 pm - AK
Thank you for your comments. Dang, I thought I picked an ok choice. Will digest, and do better next time.
mary d
on 2/3/13 9:11 pm

It sounds delicious.  You could make that yourself.  Instead of terryaki, you could use low sodium soy, the cheese and a slice of water packed pineapple.  The pineapple has 17 cal. and 3.9 grams of carbs, including the fiber.  I think that would fit into a low carb plan.  Enjoy.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

daniparis
on 2/4/13 2:24 am - Richardson, TX

I think it sounds Yummy...and I think I will try it (when I can eat...and I am not in the pureed food stage)..I think you could lower the sugar by doing sugar free sauce...availble online or make http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1869 470.

And you could always slice the  pineapple ring in half..just so you can get some of the flavor..but cut our some of the sugar...

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 206 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 290 views