Funny nsv

Infaith72
on 2/11/13 2:35 pm - AK
So, tonight I was at the store and had on some sweats. I had to hold my pants from falling down, meanwhile my underwear were doing the same thing!!!
Can anyone say suspenders time?
I am about a month post op and have lost 26 lbs since. Yeah. I cant really look in the mirror and see a change, but something must be happening.
Just thought Id share...
Calking
on 2/11/13 2:55 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

May I suggest going to a Goodwill to get clothes that fit ... if you have a nice one near you that is.  Other thrift stores can be nice as well.  I suggest that as you are loosing weight because in reality you are really needing to "rent" clothes and not buy them to only last for a month at a time.  

I have had this issue as well and am lucky to live where there are a couple of Goodwill locations that are local and in affluent neighborhoods.  I have bought Banana Republic shirts, Croft and Barrow, Stafford, and recently a Jos A. Bank Sport Coat ($8).  It is amazing because about a month ago I bought a pants in a boys size 14 husky and now they are too big and falling down similar to yours.  When I started this journey last may I was wearing mens size 38 and I have dropped to a point where a mens size 28 (or boys size 14 husky) are a bit too big.  I am hesitant to buy anything until my weight has stopped where I want it to stay for awhile.  I am actually wanting to now gain back about 8 pounds so I don't want to buy anything that will cost a lot of money until I know where that 8 pounds lands on me.

The moral of the story is be thrifty (so to speak).  You are really in these clothes for a short period of time on your way downward.  Just wait until your first stall.  Stalls are when pants that are fitting at the beginning of the stall will likely be too big at the end of that stall.  Stalls are amazing things.  I get that most people hate them as they are not loosing weight but they fail to realize that during the stalls your weight redistributes and you loose inches in various areas.

Good luck and have fun with this.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Infaith72
on 2/11/13 3:42 pm - AK
Thanks for the info.
I just thought this was sooo funny, cuz I didnt know that they were that big when I left the house. Good thing I had my daughter with me to push the cart or I wouldve been in big trouble
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views