lupus antigen

mickeymantle
on 2/9/13 1:27 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my blood work came back with a positive for lupus antigen, and has to be re tested in 12 weeks (march) hoping for surgery in may

has anyone else had this problem, I was told(by hemotolist) if it stays that way I would need more blood thinners and he would order daily ultra sounds of my legs while I'm in the hospital and blood thinners after I get home for a while 

I was told there is a slight increase in the danger of the surgery , but if the know about it it is not much

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

tarsanne
on 2/9/13 1:50 am - MO
I have lupus and sjogrens. I was told that I couldn't have lapband because with an autoimmune disease you have a higher rate of rejection. Then I found out about the sleeve and I was glad! They told me they would give me heparin shots before and after surgery and put those things that pulsate on my legs before during and after surgery.
mickeymantle
on 2/9/13 1:55 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I don't have lupus just the antigen , my surgeon uses those leg squeezers with all patients to guard against blood clots

my husband had them after liver surgery  and hated them , but I guess I can live with them, for a day or 2 till im up and walking a lot

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Cindi A.
on 2/9/13 5:21 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

When they first put those leg massagers on me I thought it was the weirdest thing I'd ever felt and that I was never going to be able to sleep with them on. After about an hour I found I didn't mind them. By the time they offered to remove them I begged them to let me keep them until I went home. 

If I could have smuggled them out of the hospital I would have. LOL

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Cindi A.
on 2/9/13 5:24 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

When they first put the leg massagers on me I thought there was no way I was going to be able to sleep with them on. They felt kind of creepy. LOL After about an hour I didn't mind them. By the time they offered to remove them I begged them to let them keep them on until I went home!

If I could have smuggled them out with me when I left I would have! LOL

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 305 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views