Post-op thought: Painfully amusing and feel like crying!

Bella_Fein
on 2/20/13 10:50 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I had surgery on Monday! Yay! It amuses me to be going through all this and think to my self that yep so and so on OH was right. It's one thing to read it , it's another thing to live it. My doctor came in the hospital on day 2 and told me that day was going to suck. He was so right. Day 2 sucked so bad. I had so much gas pain it was crazy. The only way I can think to describe it is (only ladies will get this) being 9 months pregnant with a foot kicking the crap out of your robs. That  is how it felt. I woke up at 4 am the next day and it was gone. Just like that. I felt awesome. Well, as awesome as you can after major surgery. It was such a relief

Now I'm sitting here trying not to cry. I don't know why really. Maybe a combination of being uncomfortable, a bit sore, and being so freaking happy. I just keep catching myself tearing up for no apparent reason. I'm definitely not sad. So, whatever. Post-op weapies.

P.S.

Mint Cookie is awesome!! OMG! Such a relief. It isn't thick like the other shakes I tried and it just tastes great! Yay!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

a_gritters
on 2/20/13 11:19 am
VSG on 03/19/13

So glad you are doing well.  I just got my date of March 19th so I'm super excited.  I've been trying some different protein drinks to get some i like before I HAVE to have them and I just got the syntrax cookies & cream... YUMMMM.  Sounds like I should try the Mint Cookie also. 

Hope healing continues to go well.

Bella_Fein
on 2/20/13 12:24 pm, edited 2/20/13 12:24 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Thank you! Congrats on the date! It will be here in no time!

This Mint Cookie Shake is heaven! I know everyone's tastes are different, but I would recommend this for sure. This is the 1st I have found that I truly like.

dmhe
on 2/20/13 12:57 pm - TX
Congrats! I love Mint Cookie too...I mix it with my coffee every morning! I am almost out...argh... keep walking...you will feel human soon!

Bella_Fein
on 2/20/13 1:03 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Where do you normally buy it? I just bought a tub on drugstore.com for $24.99. Sounded like a good price to me, but I didn't check around. I got free shipping as well so I thought that was a good deal.

dmhe
on 2/20/13 1:37 pm - TX
Usually get the 5lb bag on Amazon for $43 free shipping with prime but they are out right now. I was waiting until I get paid before I looked elsewhere.

condanchri
on 2/20/13 1:12 pm - Orting, WA
Revision on 08/11/15
Just wanted to add that I was super emotional after surgery, until about a week and a half post op. I would cry at the drop of a hat, and my emotions were all over the place.It could have been my hormones fluctuating in response to my surgery - IDK.

Hang in there, and good luck in your recovery :D
Kapu
on 2/20/13 1:26 pm
Mint cookie what ? Full name please surgery is tomorrow and I need to know quick !!
dmhe
on 2/20/13 1:39 pm - TX
Synthrax Matrix Mint Cookie...great mixed with unsweetened almond milk

dmhe
on 2/20/13 1:57 pm - TX
Amazon has it again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views