I'm so happy. 1 week out, sucky liquid diet, but love my sleeve

Bella_Fein
on 2/24/13 12:41 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I guess I'm super lucky that I didn't come out of the hospital weighing more than when I went in.  Not sure why not, I know they pumped lots of fluids in me. I know I was swollen because I had to take my rings off. I can only suspect it was magic. Who knows. I am only 1 week out, I'm sipping on my shake , but completely loving my sleeve so far. Surgery was just this last Monday, but I'm already down 10 pounds. 10...seriously, 10 pounds in 1 week! I hope this is not some crazy fluke or dare I say dark magic that will come back to bite me later. I am thrilled so far. I hope this is just a glimpse of the wonderful things the next 6-9 months will bring.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Nancybefree
on 2/24/13 12:51 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Great to hear from you.  How are you feeling overall?

FWIW I came home from the hospital weighing less as well. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Bella_Fein
on 2/24/13 12:56 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I feel great; no pain really. I get tired easily, but that's to be expected. I am slowly finding shakes I actually like, which makes this 3 week liquid diet so much easier! So happy to be on this side of the aisle now!

Shagdoll
on 2/24/13 1:30 am
I don't recall the temporary weight gain immediately post-op either. I can see how it seems discouraging for others but that's why it's best to stay off the scale for a while.
I just wanted to say YAY!!! you for having such a successful surgery with mimimal discomfort. That was me too. I did suffer from bad nausea the first 3 days & then I was tired for several days but that was to be expected.
Congrats on your SV! 10 pounds in 1 week is awesome! It's always the most weight loss in the beginning but take it!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Bella_Fein
on 2/24/13 1:55 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Weight loss is always easiest in the beginning. I will take it! I don't even care if it was jus****er weight.

The only nausea I had was when the nurse gave me a lifesaver. She said gum and hard candy would help the gas and I was willing to do anything at that point. I thought I was going to die. Then ill again when they did my leak test and I had to drink the clear awful tasting liquid.

Thank you Shagdoll!!

abbeycat43
on 2/26/13 10:52 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I am super excited for you, too!  Hopefully, by the time my surgery gets approved, you will be a vet and will be able to give me lots of advice.  I have been receiving some advice from a co-worker, which is helpful, but I'm not sure he's taking it as seriously as he should be.  I did read about choosing the protein shake BEFORE the surgery.  Which shakes did you choose?  I have ordered the sample pack from Unjury to try.  Also, trying to get my hands on some of the Special K protein water mix...supposed to be great.  Im not a chocolate fan, which will make the flavors slim pickings...Can't wait for more exciting updates from you...keep them coming and keep those pounds going!!!

Bella_Fein
on 2/26/13 12:42 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Thank you so much!! I did not try any shakes pre-op. I drank the ones my doctor made me for my pre-op diet, which was Bariatric Advantage and I hated it the whole time. I ordered samples of every protein I could find and did not start trying them until after surgery because everyone said your taste may change.

I ordered samples of...

Chike, Syntrax Matrix and Nectars, About Time, Iso-ology, Oh! Yeah RTD, Isopure, Pantry Selections Fruit Drinks and Hot Chocolate, Click, Protizyme, Fit Frappe, Jay Robb, Unjury, and Premier Protein RTD. I think I have more, but it is a lot. I have a ton of samples.

I haven't tried all of them yet. I have found that I cannot stomach any of the fruit flavored shakes. I also hate the ones that add thickener. I prefer my drinks thin like milk. So far I found BAriatric Advantage and Chike are thick. I do not like them. They have a coffee that I will be trying in the morning. I pray the coffee one is not thick (ewww)!

My favorites so far are Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie and Matrix Milk Chocolate (taste like chocolate milk). Ohhh and I also bought a bag of Unjury Protein'd Cheese which I really like. I make it with 4 ounces of chicken stock. It is tasty. It's like a cheddar cheese soup. Yum!

Sorry that was a lot of info!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views