what did you eat at a month out?

AJPeezy
on 3/1/13 10:00 pm - AL
VSG on 01/14/13
I'm almost 7 weeks post but I was wondering what did some of you vets eat at one month post OP? If you would like to share a recipe please feel free to do so
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/1/13 10:17 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
At one month I was on normal/regular foods except I cut out pasta, rice, potatoes (not completely) and breads (also not completely) from my daily diet. I went lean and mean and green basically. Still there with a bit of divergence now and then. I lose fairly steadily at a rate of 1.5-2 lbs a week except when I diverge. Then I stall immediately. It is very predictable. My body reacts instantly to a wrong bite. ****** me off but hey, this is what I signed up for! Gotta suck it up.

So back to your question. My good days look like this:

Breakfast: protein coffee or bariatric pantry oatmeal or eggs/turkey bacon combo

Snack: 2 oz cottage cheese or 1 oz cheese or 1 oz deli turkey slice or a couple of slices of an apple (more and I stall...) or an egg

Lunch: 2 oz meat, fish or chicken, or a crustless quiche or a protein rich soup, cooked any way you like it. I usually prefer grilled or pan seared and some veggies like broccoli, cauliflour, a small salad, zucchini, eggplant, kale, spinach etc...any steamed and lightly flavoured veggies really. If I do a salad I use olive oil and lemon juice for dressing. Chilli, noodleless lasagna, seafood, tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, all this can also be the protein part. As long as you aim for 20-25 grs protein per main meal and abt 10-15 for snacks.

Snack: greek yogurt with some veggies or berries depending on if you want sweet or salty

Dinner: same as lunch

Sometimes in the evening if I want to round out with something sweet I will have more apple or pear or berries or if I want salty I will crunch some sunflower seeds or almonds

Like I said, the above would be a good day.

Are you on my fitness pal? I highly recommend it. Lots of us are on there and you can look at our food diaries for great ideas. Also Elina has tons of great recipes in her profile. And there is cafe Frisco as well and the world according to eggface also excellent.

Best of luck!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

sarapilar
on 3/2/13 1:52 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Yum! 

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

jobyro
on 3/2/13 5:54 am
Yum! Can't wait until I can eat like that!!
NiceyDoodle
on 3/2/13 10:31 am - Calgary, Canada
VSG on 02/19/13
On March 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM Pacific Time, Wantmylife wrote:
At one month I was on normal/regular foods except I cut out pasta, rice, potatoes (not completely) and breads (also not completely) from my daily diet. I went lean and mean and green basically. Still there with a bit of divergence now and then. I lose fairly steadily at a rate of 1.5-2 lbs a week except when I diverge. Then I stall immediately. It is very predictable. My body reacts instantly to a wrong bite. ****** me off but hey, this is what I signed up for! Gotta suck it up.

So back to your question. My good days look like this:

Breakfast: protein coffee or bariatric pantry oatmeal or eggs/turkey bacon combo

Snack: 2 oz cottage cheese or 1 oz cheese or 1 oz deli turkey slice or a couple of slices of an apple (more and I stall...) or an egg

Lunch: 2 oz meat, fish or chicken, or a crustless quiche or a protein rich soup, cooked any way you like it. I usually prefer grilled or pan seared and some veggies like broccoli, cauliflour, a small salad, zucchini, eggplant, kale, spinach etc...any steamed and lightly flavoured veggies really. If I do a salad I use olive oil and lemon juice for dressing. Chilli, noodleless lasagna, seafood, tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, all this can also be the protein part. As long as you aim for 20-25 grs protein per main meal and abt 10-15 for snacks.

Snack: greek yogurt with some veggies or berries depending on if you want sweet or salty

Dinner: same as lunch

Sometimes in the evening if I want to round out with something sweet I will have more apple or pear or berries or if I want salty I will crunch some sunflower seeds or almonds

Like I said, the above would be a good day.

Are you on my fitness pal? I highly recommend it. Lots of us are on there and you can look at our food diaries for great ideas. Also Elina has tons of great recipes in her profile. And there is cafe Frisco as well and the world according to eggface also excellent.

Best of luck!!!

I think I just had a foodgasm.

I am still on the liquid diet. On March 12th, I can have soft foods.  March 20th, solid foods.  I am terried to eat and have no clue what I am doing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views