Please help - NSV?!?

SeaGirl
on 3/8/13 8:56 am
VSG on 02/01/13

I feel so dumb, but in two months on this board I have not been able to figure out what "NSV" means.  I have come up with many creative wrong answers:

Not Summer Vacation

Nearly Sure Vegan

Non Stop Vegas

Nice Soft Vegetable

Nine Sleeves Vertical

Non Selfish Variety

Never Self Vaccinate

Niners Still Victorious

Nice Sounding Violin

...Could someone please just tell me and let my mind go back to real work?? 

Ann M.
on 3/8/13 9:00 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

SO FUNNY!! I asked the same thing in October when I joined!!!  It's another abbreviation for - don't ask me why - I was never told that - was just told it was another way of shortening Vertical Sleeve Gastronomy.

Ann - 4 months out on the 21st of March and 1/2 way to Goal of 135!!!

hollykim
on 3/9/13 3:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Actually it is non scale victory and the correct term for the surgery is vertical sleeve gastrectomy.

Candie1220
on 3/8/13 9:06 am - Tyngsboro, MA

I think it means non scale victory

LOL

Calking
on 3/8/13 9:12 am
VSG on 05/31/12

It absolutely means Non Scale Victory.  During this weight loss process many of us will have victories in watching the scale go down.  Reaching milestones on the scale.  Many of us will also have great things happen that has nothing to do with the numbers on the scale.  

This first time that someone that you have known for a long time sees you and doesn't even recognize you anymore.  That would be a NSV.  

If you wake up one day and none of your clothes fit any more and you have to go buy some new ones.  A NSV.

There are many such victories you will experience other than watching the pounds come off.

You no doubt have had some of these already.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

frisco
on 3/8/13 9:14 am

Niners Still Victorious

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sheranfour
on 3/8/13 10:00 am, edited 3/8/13 10:03 am

Frisco!

I have read some very thought provoking posts from you...but I will not stand for this!!! I must speak up!!! (As I pull my Patriots superbowl mug... from a previous year... closer to me... and dream)enlightened

As I've said in the past...I'm a nurse...it means Never Self Vaccinate!!!kiss

Thanks for the smile!!

Seagirl...PLEASE don't ever feel dumb here! How are you supposed to know if no one tells you!! ( NON SCALE VICTORY)...You need to ask as many questions as you can! You'll be teaching others this stuff someday!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
SeaGirl
on 3/8/13 1:36 pm
VSG on 02/01/13
Yeah that one was for you!

SuzyNZ
on 3/8/13 9:42 am, edited 3/8/13 5:40 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Things like crossing your legs, riding on a plane without a seatbelt extender, running a mile non-stop, buying a smaller sized dress, someone calling you slim or skinny, being able to buy knee high boots that you can actually zip up......all of these are Non Scale Victories.

They are great benefits of the surgery that aren't anything to do with the number on the scale.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

tigerbelle
on 3/8/13 10:23 am - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

if it makes the earlier posters feel better, I also had to ask what it meant...and I am usually pretty savvy about figuring these out on my one...this one got the better of me

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 381 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views