I have the basics, any good soft food recipes?

Bella_Fein
on 3/8/13 12:04 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I am so ready to chew some food! I am planning to make Shelly's Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole with ground turkey, Shelly's Baked Ricotta, chicken/tuna/crab salads. I have all the basics like refried beans w/ sour cream, eggs, and cottage cheese.

Do you guys have any awesome recommendations of food items or recipes? I have searched and search and I usually end up with the same old things I just listed. I know we are limited on a soft food diet, but any advise would be appreciated!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

slimpickins5280
on 3/8/13 12:15 pm - CO

I lived on Campbell's Fiesta Cheese soup mixed equal parts with their bean soup. A little chuncky and it still went down a little easier than some of the soft foods.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Bella_Fein
on 3/8/13 12:20 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Added these to the list. Will give them a try!

novascotiadawn
on 3/8/13 12:16 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Frisco's egg and tuna recipe rocks! I even mentioned it a WW meeting today!!

Hugs and loves

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Bella_Fein
on 3/8/13 12:21 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

!!!!!! I forgot to check his blog! Thank you!

pineview01
on 3/8/13 12:32 pm - Davison, MI

"Shelly's Baked Ricotta, chicken/tuna/crab salads. I have all the basics like refried beans w/ sour cream, eggs, and cottage cheese."  Those where all my main stays for soft foods.  I had so much they took me thru the whole 2 weeks. I also made chili.  After it cooled I filled up bunches of 4 & 8 oz containers and froze them.  I still have some left.  I did it with the Ricotta too.

I had so much stuff that I could go thru the whole first 6 week again if not twice.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Bella_Fein
on 3/8/13 12:37 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I plan on having a cooking day tomorrow so I can freeze enough for at least 2 weeks. I am guessing I will cook too much and have enough to last 6 weeks though. We'll see!

sarapilar
on 3/8/13 2:22 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Did you puree the chili?  Today I pureed tuna salad!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

pineview01
on 3/9/13 10:40 am - Davison, MI

I didn't!  I cooked the beef to crumbles.  I chewed the beans to mush.  This gave me something to take care of the need to chew and all slid down well.  I only ate 1/2 cup.  I was suppose to have 1/4 cup solid protein + 1/4 cup veggies so I figured that was about right.  It would be easy to puree.  I was four weeks out before  I had homemade.  Before that I had hormel canned and mashed it with a fork.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

laDeelila
on 3/9/13 10:59 am - NJ
I loved hormels canned low salt turkey chili. I added a bit of 2% velveeta cheese melted and a tsp of plain greek yogurt. Good amount of protein and It went down very nicely. Tip: Stay at home when you introduce new foods or be around a bathroom. Lol. Especially eggs. For some reason they are super heavy in your sleeve. Its different for everyone, but lets just say I had a bad experience and leave it at that lol.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views