3 month update and huge NSV!

LNC62
on 3/17/13 9:10 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

I’ve posted photos.  I chose to wear the same top to show the difference over time.

Three months ago today I had my sleeve done by Dr. Cirangle and I haven’t looked back.  The first couple days were tough because I couldn’t lie down and struggled to get my fluids in. Since then, this has actually been the easiest way of life I’ve undertaken.  To sum up the last 3 months, here’s a list of the positives;

46 lbs lost since day of surgery by my scale

Clothes are fitting better

I can move easier

I’m almost never hungry

I have been completely off of diet soda since surgery

Depression lifted – See NSV for the reason for this one

The support on MFP.com is great

As for my NSV, this was the most unexpected thing to happen.  It’s not related to surgery, per se, but certainly the better attitude and weight loss has something to do with it.  A couple weeks ago I met a man who has pretty much rocked my world and is the guy I dreamt of meeting.  We hit it off instantly and since our first date last week we’ve been almost inseparable.  He knows about my surgery and has made me dinner a couple times.  In my 50 years, I’ve never met the “soulmate” and had kind of given up ever meeting him.  Then out of the blue a simple song that I sang at karaoke made a connection that neither of us could understand, other than the fact that God has a good sense of humor. 

So I’m hoping my next 3 months are as good as my last 3 months.  I still have about 64 lbs to go and I know I can get there.

If you’re on the fence, just do it.  It may be inconvenient at times, but anytime you take care of yourself and do what needs to be done for your health, there can be inconvenience.

sonia29
on 3/17/13 9:16 am

Looking Great!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

MomofMarch
on 3/17/13 9:23 am - GA

That's so amazing! I'm incredibly happy for you! If you don't mind, what did you sing?? The nosey in me just HAS to know. enlightened

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

LNC62
on 3/18/13 2:14 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
The song was Polka dots and Moonbeams. It's a song from the 1930's that I sang as a tribute to my dad who used to play jt for us on piano. I was convinced that no one would know the song. But when I finished this guy, who I briefly met before, was blown away and told me his brother wanted him to learn it on guitar but he never really heard it or knew the words. His brother passed away and he wanted to learn it to honor his brother. The next time we saw eachother at a karaoke event we talked and talked and found so mu*****ommon that it was scary. The rest, as they say, is history.

Alisongar
on 3/18/13 3:11 am - MO
VSG on 12/10/12

I met my husband at a karaoke bar. I walked in, saw him and knew there was something special about him. All night I was trying to get him to talk to me when he finally got the hint. And, the rest was history. We were just like you - inseparable from the moment we met. Now we have two kids :) Good luck to you both.

Also, what is the website you mentioned? Mfp.com? I went there and it was some weird site.

LNC62
on 3/18/13 4:23 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
It's actually myfitnesspal.com. That's awesome about how you met your husband.

jenn227
on 3/17/13 11:55 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

What a great 1st meeting story!!  Congrats on your success & keep rocking your sleeve!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

shrinking_sarah
on 3/17/13 12:27 pm - CA

You look GREAT!  I'm thrilled about the guy, too.  What was the song??

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

LNC62
on 3/18/13 2:15 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Polka dots and moonbeams - an old Frank Sinatra song.

busboss1
on 3/17/13 12:34 pm
VSG on 12/18/12

You look great! You should have someone put those pictures side by side! I'm so happy you met the guy you've been waiting for!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 381 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views