Been gone, but I'm back

BigKev78
on 3/25/13 12:57 am - Lilburn, GA

Hi there, If no on here remembers me, I'm Kevin.  I had my VSG on 12/20/11.  I took some time away from the boards and recently came back by and I decided it would be fun to update everyone.  My story so far is a good one.  I went into surgery at a hefty 325 lbs.  Surgery was good, no real pain, mild discomfort, was discharged after 27 hours.  Had surgery on a Tuesday, was in my own bed Wednesday afternoon.  I was lucky as I had no complications or problems.  I think that I was blessed with an amazing surgeon.  Things were going well until May 20, 2012.  That morning, I ran my first ever Warrior Dash, and about 2 miles in, I had a bad encounter with the ground after the 225lb, soaking wet me attempted to slide down a 15ft fireman's pole.  The result was a severe compound/spiral fracture in my left leg just above the ankle.  This is where things really slowed down for me.  As a result, I was forced to stay off my leg for 8 weeks, and during that time, I stopped working out, and began to let my diet slide a bit.  I was lucky in that my weight just leveled off and didn't start climbing.  By my 1 year follow up, I was starting to get back in the habit of working out and trying to start running again.  I weighed in at 210 pounds and my Dr seemed to be very pleased.  Things for me have slowed down greatly.  I'm currently working on strength training with a personal trainer and trying to keep my diet in check, as it feels like I can eat a normal sized portion at most meals.  Its not hard for me to hit 1600-1800 calories a day or more if I'm not careful.  My current weight is 208 pounds and I am working very hard to be under 200 by mid April and under 190 by Memorial day.  

So that's my story so far.  Would love to talk to some of you, old timers and newbies alike.  And I am always free to answer questions.  

Big Kev   My video Blog: http://www.youtube.com/user/ckb1978?feature=mhee

BigKev78
on 3/25/13 1:03 am - Lilburn, GA

A before and after photo taken in October 2012

sarapilar
on 3/25/13 2:39 am
VSG on 02/21/13

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angry

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Shagdoll
on 3/25/13 1:14 am

You look great Kevin.  Thanks for coming back to update us.  You can reach those goals if you set your mind to it.  I'm thinking out loud since now since I have to lose a few myself.  The support here is great.  Again, congrats on yours success so far!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

acbbrown
on 3/25/13 1:16 am - Granada Hills, CA

Lookin good there! Glad to see you are back to working out and eating right. It definitely gets a lot harder the further out you get.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

AmberK
on 3/25/13 1:20 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Welcome back and glad your "getting back on the horse" 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

mildollarsmile
on 3/25/13 1:52 am, edited 3/25/13 1:53 am - SE, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

Hi Kevin, I'm a newbie (surgery 3-11-13) but wanted to reply, you have done amazing even with the set backs. You look awesome!! You will get to where you need to be, Keep your eye on the prize, you got this!! =)

Take care

Mel

Melanie -- HW:320 SW:300 CW:277.2 GW:150 

BigKev78
on 3/25/13 10:21 pm - Lilburn, GA

Thanks, Mel.  I WILL hit my goal this summer.  Not going to let anything stand in my way.  would really like to be at goal by 18 months post-op.  You will get there too. Congrats on joining us on this crazy journey.

Jls8877
on 3/25/13 1:56 am
I'm a "newbie" and wanted to say how great you look! What a tremendous accomplishment to achieve after breaking your leg. Congratulations!
I had my surgery last Aug an am 13lbs away from my goal. I also have started running which has made a huge difference in my health.
Best of luck to you!
MomofMarch
on 3/25/13 1:57 am - GA

Hi Kevin! I'm a newbie. I was sleeved on 12-10-12. Welcome back to the boards and in getting back to the grind! :) You look great! Keep up the good work!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 380 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views