Liquids

lookforchange
on 3/31/13 3:55 am
VSG on 03/21/13
Rough time to be on liquids - huge family Easter dinner. I'm sitting alone in the other room to avoid the smells. Tell me this gets better!
MomofMarch
on 3/31/13 4:01 am - GA

Oh it will definitely get better! I went home for Christmas during my liquid phase. My mom fixed SOOOOO much of my favorite foods, I almost cried. I did go to another room when my inlaws ordered pizza and wings. Hang in there! It's not going to last forever. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

lookforchange
on 3/31/13 8:40 am
VSG on 03/21/13

Oh, Christmas would be so rough!!! 

Calking
on 3/31/13 6:55 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Definitely gets better.  As the weight and inches come off you will be so happy.  Just think about this.  The next holiday with lots of food that you associate with eating a lot of good things will be Thanksgiving.  By then you will be perhaps 100 pounds less and eating well on turkey and perhaps some sweet potatoes (not with the brown sugar and marshmallows though).

Anyway, it is only one day and will be over before you know it. 

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

lookforchange
on 3/31/13 8:39 am
VSG on 03/21/13
On March 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM Pacific Time, Calking wrote:

Definitely gets better.  As the weight and inches come off you will be so happy.  Just think about this.  The next holiday with lots of food that you associate with eating a lot of good things will be Thanksgiving.  By then you will be perhaps 100 pounds less and eating well on turkey and perhaps some sweet potatoes (not with the brown sugar and marshmallows though).

Anyway, it is only one day and will be over before you know it. 

True - good thought :)

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/31/13 7:28 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
It absolutely gets better! It's going to be SO worth it - I promise!

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

keestabeth
on 3/31/13 8:06 am
I feel you! I'm 5 days post op and am holed up in the back room until all of the food is put away. I've been pretty good with it all afternoon, telling myself it will get better and next year I will be able to eat Easter dinner. I just couldn't take it anymore especially when my brother was making it a point to make obnoxious yummy sounds and take that extra little bite. Jerk. He did it on purpose, of course he's never had any weight issues.
lookforchange
on 3/31/13 8:38 am
VSG on 03/21/13

I'm not alone :) that brother would be dead if he was over here lol

keestabeth
on 3/31/13 8:55 am
No, you are far from alone. Thankfully that brother is gone and doesn't come around that much.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views