Old habits die hard : (

Healthy4Life2012
on 3/31/13 10:10 am
I've been "picking" at the kids Easter Baskets and the deserts ALL day!! It doesn't even taste good anymore!!! So why am I eating it???? Very disappointed with my self!!!
SophieNJ
on 3/31/13 10:40 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

just my opinion.....cause long ago, for a very long time, the candy and deserts brought you to a place, lets call it 'oblivion' ....you don't live there anymore, but you thought it might make you feel better (emotionally) to visit...you don't feel better...it used to work, but doesn't anymore.  you learned a lesson - you can't go home anymore...you moved to a new home.  forgive yourself, and move on...tomorrow is a new, fresh day....don't beat yourself up over it, but do remember it when you think you want to visit again.

hugs,

sophie

thinnersinner
on 3/31/13 10:59 am

I like how you put that.  I can definitely relate to this post.

five0fan
on 3/31/13 11:54 am
VSG on 01/25/13

Hey,  What a cute post.   I will remember it.  Thanks

Highest weight: 302 / Pre-surgery weight: 240              

Healthy4Life2012
on 3/31/13 8:20 pm
Thanks Sophie! I'm going to copy your post and read it everyday! I'm going to take your advice and not beat myself up because that too is an old habit that got me to yo yo diet my whole life! Takes a while for your mind to catch up with your body! Thanks again!!
SophieNJ
on 4/1/13 12:51 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

you're right, beating ourselves up is also an old bad habit!!! it's such a horrid cycle, isn't it??  head up in the air, and moving on is the best thing we can do for ourselves...we wouldn't' allow someone else to mentally beat us up, right?  time to end the self abuse!  be strong!

hugs

sophie

zpyderly
on 3/31/13 2:23 pm

Very well put, i'm tuning that one in my head!

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon THE LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not not faint."

Nancybefree
on 3/31/13 8:50 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

One strategy I have found helpful is to tell myself firmly that "I already know what that tastes like," which personally gives me less incentive to put it into my mouth. 

Another one, as mentioned by many here on OH, is to pre-log the potentially offending food into MFP and then take a cold, hard look at the impact on one's food plan and make a decision.  I guess I'm lucky, because for me it rarely even gets to that point.  I've been working hard on myself to get to that point.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views